Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've got a type of cap missing on the left side of my 83 GL1100. It goes on the frame
just to the lower front of the plastic side cover (see picture). The one I have on the right side of the bike is black so I'm looking to find one more black one for the left side. I would not be against getting two chrome or polished ones, just so long as I can have a matched set on the bike.
I just need to know what they are called so I know what to ask for or search for online. Even better, if anyone has a set I could purchase, that would be great.
It's not a huge deal, and I'm not trying to make this into a show bike by any means, but just one of the little things that I'd like to get to help clean up the look...Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

They cover the swingarm pivot point.

#15 on the diagram listed at this site:
'
'http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model_years/109-honda-1981-gold-wing-gl1100/assemblies/1910

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

i belive they are called a swing arm bearing cap or a swing arm cap.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Geez. . . You guys didn't waste any time on that one. Thank you. Did a search on eBay and found a set for $5.
Pretty painless and quick. Appreciate it greatly!
:bowing:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

You can find them in chrome too.

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
imported post

If you need to stretch your budget I found that One Gallon oil jug caps fit nicely . ;)

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
imported post

I have this same problem, took one for my right side off the left side of my other bike, and it fell off in a week. seems they are not exactly alike. Can someone verify this?

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Same part ID on parts fiche???

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

RB wrote:
Same part ID on parts fiche???
:waving:yep -- same part # . so same size.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
imported post

Hmmm, If I take my one from the other side, it does not fit the same. It is as if there is something inside keeping it from fitting all the way on. Maybe pics later. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

RckRagman wrote:
Shotgunner wrote:
Shotgunner. . .THANKS! I saw the plain set for $5...So glad I didn't jump right at them. These are so much nicer. Well worth the extra $15.
:thumbsup:
Ragman.. If you pick up the ones with the wings...
The wings only attach with 2 sided tape.. One fell off pretty quickly..
Fortunately I was able to retrieve it.. Use small dab of clear silicone to adhere it mo better...Shotgunner..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.