Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, back to working on the bike(s) again......ran into a wire problem already:sadguy:.... I want to add a couple pictures and save some words..I hope.
I remember seeing instructions, but I have not re-found them...help...please......:praying:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Steps:
1) Upload your photo to a host-site such as Photobucket.
2) Copy the Link (URL) to your hosted-photo.
3) On this site, make a post and select the "Insert Image" (Yellow Square), then paste the Link to your photo.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steps:
3) On this site, make a post and select the "Insert Image" (Yellow Square), then paste the Link to your photo.
Greetings and your quick response is appreciated.....seems that I do remember somthing about 'photobucket'.....forgot about that....I guess I am off to see how photobucket works...:waving:

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Save yourself all that bother and instead upload the pictures in your posts.

Click the Post Reply, type your post and scroll down to click Manage Attachments. A box will pop up and you can browse to the pictures to upload. I think you can upload several in each post.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,341 Posts
You can also go down to "manage attachments" when you are posting and put the pic up without all the extra steps of Photo Bucket.

For those of us using dial up, would you please resize your pics before posting them? 5X7 @ 72 dpi is perfect.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update

I appreciate the responses guys......been trying to get photobucket to accept me...gave up 'in-home' internet over a year ago, and the 'mobile app' for it, EASILY has two-thirds(2/3) of its ratings by users TRASHING it(i.e. 1 star of 5 possible)....so I was feeling stuck...thanks :waving:for the alternate options.....I'm off...in pursuit of progress

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no success yet

Steps:
I don't seem to be able to use 'photobucket'. Looks like I need the 'mobile app'... but the LARGE majority of the reviews for it, TRASH IT....tried sending a pic to my yahoo mail first (to get a URL for reference), that hasn't worked yet...still looking for a way...thanks again for your input.:waving:

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Save yourself all that bother and instead upload the pictures in your posts.

Click the Post Reply, type your post and scroll down to click Manage Attachments. A box will pop up and you can browse to the pictures to upload. I think you can upload several in each post.
I did find that window/box....there. are maybe ten(10) spots for pics...but I could not pull up the pictures in my phone:?....back to the drawing board:?..thanks again for your input:waving:

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can also go down to "manage attachments" when you are posting and put the pic up without all the extra steps of Photo Bucket.

For those of us using dial up, would you please resize your pics before posting them? 5X7 @ 72 dpi is perfect.
Dennis...if I EVER figure out how to get pictures onto the SITE...i'd be more than happy to go in and figure out how to reduce the size of them:?:waving:

·
Impersonating a mechanic
1,139 Posts
Dennis...if I EVER figure out how to get pictures onto the SITE...i'd be more than happy to go in and figure out how to reduce the size of them:?:waving:
Do you know how to copy the picture from your phone (or camera) to your desk top on your computer, or are you working only with a mobile phone?

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you know how to copy the picture from your phone (or camera) to your desk top on your computer, or are you working only with a mobile phone?
Greetings, I am primarily using the phone...sometimes I get over to "mickey D's"....I tried the library, but computer there won"t let me work the site there:?

And I believe i just need to plug the phone into a computer in order to transfer from phone...haven't done it yet though.

·
Impersonating a mechanic
1,139 Posts
And I believe i just need to plug the phone into a computer in order to transfer from phone...haven't done it yet though.
That's right. If you can plug the phone into your computer, the images on your phone may automatically open up in MS Picture Manager. Then you just search through the pics on your phone and drag the one(s) you want to post to your desktop.

Then come back to this Goldwing site, go to "manage attachments", browse to your desktop and click on the pictures you want to post. Very simple (after you've done it, of course.) If you're uncomfortable doing it, I'd be glad to walk you through it. Send me a Private Message with your phone number, and I'll help you do it over the phone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.