Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

Quick question concerning trailer hitches. I have a Markland light bar bumper along the rear of my bike and I wish to add a hitch. However, all the new hitches online state they are not for use with the lightbar. I really would like to keep my lightbar, but I also really want a hitch! I have found a possible candidate on Ebay, but the seller does not know if it will work. Anyone have a lightbar and a hitch on an 84 GL1200:baffled:? Thanks!

-Jerry

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I've seen a lot of them on Ebay with a hitch and the large light bar on the 1100's and the 1200's. You might have to modify the light bar a little bit.

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

yes, thats what I was afraid of. I was just wondering if there was a direct bolt on option that was made. the one on ebay only has 2 rods, that I can see for mounting points. Thanks anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I put a Markland hitch on my bike, but not 100% positive who made the lightbar. I had to get creative with it, but it can be done. If you need more pics, let me know.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
imported post

I have an 83 with a full light bar and bought a trailer hitch off ebay that bolted right up with just one slight modification. He has an ebay store with nothing but goldwing stuff.
Randy

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Wow, that looks very nice Sam! Hidepounder, could you PM me the ebay seller's name? Thanks for everyone's responses!
-Jerry

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
imported post

I purchased an '85A in the fall which came with a light bar and trailer hitch. I have since removed them, I never intend to tow. There didn't appear to be any modifications to either part. I'm sorry I can't tell you what brands they are, but here's a pic if it helps

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.