Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I need to buy two new modular style helmets. Since I plan on installing J&M headsets in them also this is getting expensive quickly. What mid-range helmet would you recommend? I just want a decent and safe modular style white helmet.
Thanks in advance!

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

HJC

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Vega helmets from Jafrum.com. $48 per helmet and they are made for headsets to fit inside. I bought 2 and we love them.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

I just got 2 of these...HJC IS-33 Metallic Rubbertone Matte Black Open Face Helmet, sleek modern styling, mid range pricing, better than average quality.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/130-918?source=mybuys&green=0456219d-b067-49f8-8860-28bb1548ad35

Here's the white model of it..

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/130-897

I'm personally a 3/4 helmet guy, just can't get used to most full faces. My local guys had lots of these in stock...apparently fairly popular item.

I put aScalaRider G4 Powerset bluetooth headsets on them...works like a champ.

·
Trike Master
1,247 Posts
imported post

HJC!
Another plug for HJC.
Took my helmet to a local dealer as one of the vent covers came up missing. Helmet was made in 09.
Prepaid for the repair kit.
When the vent was replaced, the clerk handed me the helmet and returned the cost of the vent to me as HJC replaced it as a warranty item! How's that for customer service!

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Gmax

We've found that this company offers the best combination of protection, price, comfort, and quietness....... but we wear full-face; don't know about their 3/4s.......

http://www.g-max.com/gmax/features.html

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

The longerI have my HJC IS Max the more I like it.

Can't you guys read? He said a MODULAR helmet!

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

I have noticed that the Bell Revolver helmet is being closed out for $129.00 at Competition accessories. I looked at it whenI bought my IS max and thought it was cheap and flimsy. I guess they are probably not selling well.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Make sure you go size shopping. HJC's are nice but with my fat, weird shaped head there's doesn't fit. I am using a Fulmer Modus 1 that fits me great.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

I just bought two new helmets from the dealer , on sale. Fulmer brand. awesome.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

I appreciate the suggestions folks! I have checked out all the links and so far I'm leaning towards the HJC modular style. I'm unsure what to do with the microphone since the front flips up. I think I will get a boom mike if there is room for it to fit. Thanks again!

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

poolguy wrote:
I appreciate the suggestions folks! I have checked out all the links and so far I'm leaning towards the HJC modular style. I'm unsure what to do with the microphone since the front flips up. I think I will get a boom mike if there is room for it to fit. Thanks again!
PG, the mic is mounted inside and to the main body of the helmet and is still in front of your lips even with the faceplate up. ( Just in case you want to ride openface in heavy traffic etc.) Angela:action::action::action:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.