Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just bought my first Gold Wing. It's a 1981 1100 Standard. No Windjammer. I'd like to get a windshield for it, does anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking that the non-Windjammer types would be cheaper but??

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

did u try JC Whitney? that is where i got mine for my 1100 years ago. You can request a free catalog also.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Not yet, but it sounds like a good place. Haven't been in JC Whittney's catalog in years! How was the quality of the windshield?

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

pretty good. mine has been on now for about5-6years now and still looks good. you can get them with or without the vents also.:action:

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

depends on what your after. The windjambers are cheap to find. In my opion look better than the 1100 hondline fairing and defanatley do a better job of blocking air.
On the otherhand putting a vetter on a 81 standard now day's just seems wrong. there are not many 1100 standards left.
You could probly trade strait across for an 1100 interstate as a stock standard is worth more now and will be worth a whole lot more down the road than an interstae of same yr.
Wilf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.