Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

MY BIKE HAS BEEN SITTING FOR ABOUT FIFTEEN MONTHS WHILE I WAS IN IRAQ. I HAVE TRIED TO START THE BIKE BUT THE BIKE WOULD FLOOD OUT (CYLINDERS FULL OF FUE). I TOOK THE CARBS APART AND DIPPED THEM. RE-ASSEMBLED THEM AND THEN INSTALLED DON POORBOY'S ALTERNATOR CONVERTION KIT.I HAVE TRIED TO START THE BIKE BUT IT WOULD ONLY STAY RUNNING WITH FULL CHOKE ON. THEN I NOTICED THE FUEL FOR THE SECOND TIME POURING OUT THE #1 CARB OVERFLOW TUBE AGAING. ANY IDEALS, I JUST WANT TO FINISH PLACING ALL THE PARTSI BROUGHT WHILE I WAS IN IRAQ ON THE BIKE AND RIDE. :XI NEED TO RIDE

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Sounds like your floats need adjusted.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
imported post

What Sethan12 said. Sounds like a float sticking open. Try tapping on the bowl. If that doesn't work shut the fuel off and let the engine run the bowls dry. This drops the floats and they may re-seat when filled again. You said you dipped them but you didn't mention a rebuild kit. I don't know for sure but if you dipped them and did not replace the o-rings in there I'm thinking the dip could eat up the rubber and be part of your trouble. First I'd try tapping, then running the bowls dry a couple times if necessary. May have to take them out again. Oh, and finally thank you for your service to our country. We're glad you made it back and hope your on the road soon!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

i too would like to add my thanks for your service. sounds like you have good advice, keep in touch plenty of help here. good luck:action::waving:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.