Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Guys,
I am working on a different mounting system for the windjammer/vetter fairings for the older wings. When I get this system perfected, you will be able to mount your fairing on your older (GL1000/GL1100) wing (without lowers, not sure if it will work with them) ONE TIME, and that's it. Once its mounted, when you need to do vehicle maintenance, you simply "unlock the fairing" and slide it forward till it stops. You will then have enough clearance to open the faux tank covers to check your wiring, your antifreeze, etc. So, that being said...I need to come across a "spare" mount that someone may have for a GL1000, and possibly a GL1100. The reason being, I have to figure out a way to lower the mount on the frame to keep the fairing in the same positon its already in...therefore I need to use the other 2 mounts to fabricat a new design. Does anyone have an extra one laying around that they can letgo of really cheap? Want to keep the overall costs on this project as low as possible, so when I get the finished product completed, I can pass it on to the group. Oh, and if anyone has any good lowers for a Windjammer III fairing, maybe I can figure out if this will work with the lowers attached! So, come on guys....anyone? ANYONE who can help? PM me if you can...thanks!

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

PM sent

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.