19,237 Posts
imported post

You're shipping me!

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Holy Ship! ..... Na .... I ain't shippin yaRudy .... but Cee Bailey's ain't charging ya to ship ya either! ;)

I just thought I'd pass it along. I happen to have one of their windscreens and I love it! .... and that ain't no ship! :cheeky1:

Dusty

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

They're a bargain at any price. Last week, I had a hen pheasant fly up and hit me square and low in the windshield. She smacked the hell out of it and just flew up over me. Not a scratch on the windshield. The bird didn't fair as well..........

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I really should jump at this. Since I really did like yours Ken. But from the way it looks on the site,,,,,,, it doesn't look as wide as yours,,,,,,, and thats the part I liked about yours.

The order form doesn't give a choice of widths,,,,,,,,,, says "Original Size".

I don't know if I would be happy with it, if it's not as wide as yours.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Dave ... that's what I ordered, except I ordered it - 2" shorterand got the light gray tint. Their 'original size'screens are wider than the OEM screens! :thumbsup:

Jump boy, JUMP! :)

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Ahhh,,,,,,, ok. The pics that they show, just didn't look like yours, as far the width goes. ( they should use your pic for samples):cool:

I've just got to decide on the height.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
imported post

I installed one of their shields on the 1200 this year before the trip to Alaska. I got the +4" height to try the wind protection, looking through instead of over.

They said they will cut it once for free if I decide to have it shortened. NOT gonna do it...I'm leaving it just like it is. It made the trip and has been on all summer. The whole trip to AK only included three days without rain. we've ridden a lot at night and some at night in the rain, and I just don't have a visibility problem. It looks exactly like looking through the windshield of the car in the same conditions. The only time I could have used a shorter windshield was a stretch of dirt/road repair where we actually got dirt and muck thrown up on the shield, and of course no washer-wipers to clean it off. Down the road a bit farther the rain had that taken care of.

I am very careful cleaning it, but it gets cleaned a lot! And I still get comments on the clarity of my windshield. I use their cleaner and wipes to soak off the bugs after a summer evening ride, but I always finish up with Pledge. It seems to me to leave it a bit brighter or clearer, and I think the Pledge makes it easier to remove the bugs.

I got it with the standard type vent, which I really liked this summer. Tailgunner calls it 'the air conditioner". Makes a pleasant difference in the heat.

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
imported post

Just want to said Thank You to all the loyal customers and future customers. Cee Baileys will have the promotion sale till today so jump to it if you haven't.

If you have any questions on any products, feel free to contact the sales dept. and they would glad to help you out.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I made the "jump" last night :cheesygrin:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

:cooler: ... vent? .... tint?

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Clear,,,,,,,, with vent. Stock size :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

I don't know how I missed this. Just my luck.

Day late and 10% short!!:(:(:(

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Anim8or Earl wrote:
Why the chrome trim around your shield Dusty? Doesn't it get in your line of sight?
He's out riding now, and I think I can answer that one for you.

That pic was shortly after he installed the shield,,,,, and shortly after that,,,,, he removed the trim just for that reason. ( in line of sight).

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I recall reading a post a while back, don't know who posted it though, that they use that trim to prevent the rain waterr from riding up and over the wind screen when riding down the road. I have been tempted to try it, but I just picture trying to keep the trip on would be a bigger pain in the butt than the occasional rain.....

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
I recall reading a post a while back, don't know who posted it though, that they use that trim to prevent the rain waterr from riding up and over the wind screen when riding down the road. I have been tempted to try it, but I just picture trying to keep the trip on would be a bigger pain in the butt than the occasional rain.....
I have it on my shield ,,,,,,, and I can tell you,,,,,,,, it doesn't help at all. I don't know why I haven't taken it off yet,,,,( guess I just like the looks of it),,,,, but thats all it's good for IMO,,,,,,,LQQKS.

It won't be on the Cee Bailey :cool:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Hey Earl ... you're right about it getting in my line of sight ... that plus it kept coming loose down near the bottom curve.

It's now laying in the ditch somewhere, (Maybe near "Dave in the Ditch" :shock::D) shortly after that shot

Here's a more recent shot without it

Here you can see the difference in shields, with my -2" Cee Bailey's on the left and Dave's cut down (- 5")Tulsa Tall clone (Typhoon?) on the right. Note how much widermy Cee Bailey's is.

Dusty

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
imported post

Man I hate this forum/website. I know I don't have enough money as it is and I see new stuff everyday I gotta have.

Can someone explain the difference between the NACA vent and the vent visor. I have an old scratched up windshield with the vent in it and I love it for the vent the scratches not so much.

Thanks for the info and stuff to drool over.

Later,

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

i know when my windshield for the 1100 goes out i may order a cee baily with a vent it'd be handy to have a vent, here in iowa it aint he heat that gets ya its the humidity as long as your moving its not half bad

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.