Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok i'm a newbie here....seeking help to find some needle jets for my bike..finding some for the '84 and 85 models but none for the '86 , all factory discontinued..

To think that my only hope would be to find an old set of carb's to find them..sure would like to replaced them with new one's..

Can anybody point me in the right direction please.....:baffled:

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

RadarBuster wrote:
Ok i'm a newbie here....seeking help to find some needle jets for my bike..finding some for the '84 and 85 models but none for the '86 , all factory discontinued..

To think that my only hope would be to find an old set of carb's to find them..sure would like to replaced them with new one's..

Can anybody point me in the right direction please.....:baffled:
RB, did you try Bike Bandit.. They show 86 1200 main jets on their web site.. (See link) Click on the link, I know it's a large link but it will take you there.

Twisty

http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/oem_schematic_view~mp_id~~mscssid~0K55MBJHS5429LHHUUBC2H03DECW0LWC~schem_dept_id~210772~section_dept_id~1~section_dept_name~OEM+%28Stock%29+Parts~dept_type_id~2~model_dept_year~1986~model_dept_mfr~Honda~model_dept_id~206492~model_dept_name~GL1200A+%28Gold+Wing+Aspencade%29.asp#stay

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Twisty, but i've been there...if you look at # 17 on the diagram. That's the part i'm looking for...and on the list bellow it's "factory disc".....Can't evenfind it in a Kit form ....Thanks for trying---- R-Buster

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

RadarBuster wrote:
Thanks Twisty, but i've been there...if you look at # 17 on the diagram. That's the part i'm looking for...and on the list bellow it's "factory disc".....Can't evenfind it in a Kit form ....Thanks for trying---- R-Buster
RB, you are looking for the needles, not jets. I know the book lists them as (needle, jet) but they are called needles.

I have conflicting info in my books on those needles.. One lists both the 16131-MG9-024 & the 16131-MG9-741. The attached lists only the -741 for the 86, 1200.

See link- In any case I can't seem to find any available as new, maybe some of the used bike yards can help you. I don't know if Honda has a dealer network search option like Harley does but if so have your local dealer check the dealer network as maybe some dealer still has stock on them.

http://69.49.233.28/gl1200/engn/carb_parts.html

Twisty

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Good info Twisty...Thanks Again...I thought if you ordered the needle , you think the holder would be included , but i guest not...

Do you think the needle and holder of the '85 ASP would do the job?

RB

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

RadarBuster wrote:
Good info Twisty...Thanks Again...I thought if you ordered the needle , you think the holder would be included , but i guest not...

Do you think the needle and holder of the '85 ASP would do the job?

RB
RB, I don't know but would be a little careful using the earlier needles as there was a change in 85 (per service bulletin) for a hesitation removal. The slow jets, diaphragm springs & needles were changed sometime in 85.

Twisty

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks CC , i'll check-up on him.....has this been done before , fitting '84 carbs on a '86..Does evething fit in place? let me know i just might have to do the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.