Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok I have one for you guys. 2000 1500SE. When I'm in neutral all my tail lights work except for the spoiler/tail light, blinkers work. When I put it in gear and the neutral light is out everthing in the back go out, everything and the blinkers don't work. Also the blinker indicators glow on the dash. The spoiler/tail light quit working all together. Please someone help! Thanks John

·
Administrator
26,977 Posts
imported post

You have lost a ground connection somewhere. look at C10, a yellow 22 pin connector under the rear of the seat.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Correction, the spoiler light does work. Could it be the gear position switch?

·
Administrator
26,977 Posts
imported post

2onblue wrote:
Correction, the spoiler light does work. Could it be the gear position switch?
Nope!

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
You have lost a ground connection somewhere. look at C10, a yellow 22 pin connector under the rear of the seat.
Loss of ground would be my guess too.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

But why does everything work in neutral, and not in gear?:headbanger:

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Why?

In neutral the green light is helping the circuit achieve ground through the running of the bulb. (Since it's only a 10-ohm resistor to ground in essence.)

You've got a ground wire broken - it should not be too too tough to find.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I did the continuity check of the gear position switch. It didn't work out like the book says it should. I only had continuity on one wire regardless of gear position.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

It works when you check the correct side of the plug. I'm no electrican, as you can tell.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Wow, I'm the best darn electrican on this earth;). No, actually it hit me in the face like a ton of bricks. A blind man could have found this one. I found the main plug for the rear of the bike. Inside a case. Well the ground wire had melted the plug right at the pin. Melted across to the pin next to it. I used a jumper to test the lights and they work in and out of gear. Now all I gotta do is fix it and put it all back together. And I still have some hair left on my head.. Thanks for all the replys. John

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:

Bonus point awarded to Dave0430.

·
Administrator
26,977 Posts
imported post

Maybe he has me on his ignore list.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
I thought you did a good job Dave. :waving:

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

2onblue wrote:
Wow, I'm the best darn electrican on this earth;).
A virtual Sherlock Holmes!!

Glad you got it going.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
I don't understand this one. I said thanks for all the replys. And actually it was a blue 22. But Thank you, Thank you Thank you, all for your replys and thoughts. Well good thoughts. Especially a big hug and kiss to Dave0430. John

·
Administrator
26,977 Posts
imported post

No hugs or kisses please, MANA and pats on the back are acceptable though.;)
My book says it's a yellow connector and I'm stickin' to it. I misunderstood your replies and thought you had missed my post. :(
Glad you got her fixed John.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Take my word on this one. On a 2000 1500SE the plug is blue. Plus thats what my manual said. Now as I think about it the other plug in the other box was yellow. Take care, John

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.