Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Merry X-Mas All! Cold here in Ohio so time to spit and polish. Having trouble with the neutral light not coming on without having to rock the reverse lever. I've checked the adjustment and seems right. Sometimes have to play with both shifter and reverse.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Not sure what year your bike is but when you get to the manual check out chapter 18, and look at the reverse switch and diode assembly, most likely the switch is about worn out and not making proper contact so jiggling it and messing around gets it to work. Or could be a dirty pin connector . Hard to explain all this electrical stuff, so just follow the switches and check them all out, one of them is not making contact.

Kit

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I just loaded the service manual for a 2000 1500. I got a zip file and then extracted it.

I don't have anything that looks like a manual. some files won't open and others look like a file cabnet with nothing in them. I'm not too quick when it comes to this stuff. Can someone tell me what buttons to push???

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
imported post

I believe you had downloaded the electronic manual.
After you unzipped the zip file, you have to run the "Setup" program. It will automatically install a program call "2000 Goldwing EPSS".
You'll have to run this program to access to the manual.

Hope this will help.

Andre

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Aaaaaawww haaa,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thought that was something like that:doh:.

I do alright setting up the coffee maker:bowing:

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks Kit. I'll go in there and look. Have a Clymer manual but it gets clogged with too much tcho stuff

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.