Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a problem with my nuetral safety switch, and have determined the switch is bad (2 ohm nuetral, 130-500 ohm any gear). Is there a way to get it out without having to drop the engine, as the frame rail is right infront of it. anyone have any good tricks to get it out without having to drop the whole engine ?

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

Somebody asked that about two weeks ago and there were several replies. You should be able to find it with the Search box.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

You can still download a manual from some places on the web.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thats what I have done, and I dont get a full open circuit when not in nuetral (so the ligh goes dim but does stay on in any gear, bright in nuetral). I know the problem is the switch, but none of my manuals even list it let alone tell you how to get it out. I assume by the pic above its just that one bolt holding it in. Will see if I can get it out without dropping the engine, but its really tight with little room to move :(

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
imported post

It is really tight, I loosened the motor mounts and used wood shims to flex the frame. After undoing the bolt, I gripped the screw and pulled straight out. Some have corrosion holding it in (good luck with that).

You can unscrew the top of the switch and clean it out. I did mine and put it back in. Works fine now. You should be able to find the procedure to take it apart if you search on here. (remember the drain hole points down when you put it back in).

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Possibly flushing the engine a few times with a good flush agent may fix it and some other issues that may be caused by gunk in ebgine tranny clutch.
Also if the bike has been sitting for a while just ridding it may fix the problem it has on both my 4 cylinder wings
wilf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.