Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I need to replace the neutral switch on my sisters 1800. I don't have a book handy. Has anyone replaced one? The Honda people gave her a gasket with the switch, so it must be under an engine cover. The existing switch works only if you put a little down pressure on the shift lever when it is in neutral. Since the reverse only works with the neutral light on it makes it kind of a hassle. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

The cover that the oil drain bolt is screwed into has to be removed first, after draining the oil. Also remove the clutch slave cylinder and the evaporation canister.
The neutral switch on the inside of this cover, it slots onto the gear shift drum. The connected wire harness runs up along the front of the engine and behind the black plastic cover over the lower front cowl.
It isn't a small job, probably easier if you are used to servicing your Goldwing.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
imported post

I had mine replaced. The dealer billed me for 5 hours work, which I guess means 2.5 hours real time.

·
Administrator
26,169 Posts
imported post

Wilson02 wrote:
I had mine replaced. The dealer billed me for 5 hours work, which I guess means 2.5 hours real time.
If the technician was experienced that is probably a close guess. If you got the newby who had no idea what he was doing it probably took 6 hours or more. Who deserves the more pay?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.