Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok what's the trick to get the neutral switch out? I got the bolt out but how does the switch come out of the engine? I thought I had the hard part done with prying the frame out to get oil screen cover off, but noooooooo!!!!!

:?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

Get a vice grip in and grab onto the neutral switch and turn it a little bit. She will slide out after that. Had the same problem several weeks ago. Forgot to check the switch out before installing the motor in a restoration. Guess I learned the hard way! Anyway, the neutral switch was gummed-up and could not get continuity. I took it out and cleaned up and that solved the problem.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Does it matter which way you turn it or is that just to loosen it up/break the "goop" seal.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

It does not matter which way. The O Ring in there just gets stuck after this many years. I put the screw that holds the wire back in and grab that with a pair of side cutters and then pry it out.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Whiskerfish, is that with the engine in the bike or out? I don't see that much room to get the screw out to get the wire off let alone grab the screw with side cutters.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Engine un bolted and on a jack but still hooked up. I used wooden wedges to shift the engine left in the frame to get clearance.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I can't tell but is the rear motor mount bolt out as well? The one under the fuel pump?

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Yes. the removable frame section is off and all the mount bolts are out. The driveshaft, carbs, radiator are all in place. It is a pain in the butt of a job.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I think I'll just live without a neutral light. Haven't had it in 8 yrs and 4 yrs ago I had the insturments apart so I yanked the bulb. Thought if it wasn't a hassel I'd restore it back but screw it. I know where neutral is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.