Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Ok, what are we looking for? i see the extra cable, possibly for a trailer wiring harness and the funny looking backing behind the saddlebag.

That also looks like a Silverwing, not a Goldwing, due to the seat and trunk rack design.

·
Registered
384 Posts
imported post

Looks like someone lost a right saddlebag lid! I think it is not a Gold Wing too! Need just a little more of the photo to actually tell.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I think what they want you to look at is the plastic piece that runs from the back of the shelter, all the way out to the back of the bike, under the trunk.

Doubt it's a Silverwing, unless they had the fuel pump in the same exact place... It's a GoldWing GL1100 for sure. Look at the side cover, chrome engine cover, fuel pump, exhaust pipe, brake pedal, etc....

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

From the looks of the aftermarket "stator-cooker" tin, and header - I'd say it's an 1100 or 1200, with some custom 1-up bodywork. I'd like to see the rest, too.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
imported post

I saw one like this at Americade. The seat and the rear fender is one piece fiberglass sort of like a consol.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

its a goldwing i was looking at crashedtoys.com in mo the rear plastic under the tour pack and solo seat on the wing

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

It is an 1100...you can see the mechanical fuel pump on the back of the head on the right side of the picture.

I believe he's talking about the ABS fender and seat skirt just below the seat.

Interesting...not something I've ever seen before, but it sure would look good on Precious.

Where can I find the bike to buy that off of?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

That saddlebag isn't an 1100 Honda bag the 1100 bag has a jog on the inside against the wheel, the front end is narrower than the rear and that one is pretty much rectangular.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
That saddlebag isn't an 1100 Honda bag the 1100 bag has a jog on the inside against the wheel, the front end is narrower than the rear and that one is pretty much rectangular.
Bates bags there Paul.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Ah so... I haven't seen a Bates setup in the plastic as it were.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

Broke Winger wrote:
definitely an 1100...set up for solo riding.
I don't think its an 1800............................:action:

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Looks like a old CB "F" tail section to me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.