Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi picked up this 19981500 with 12000 thousand original miles, made a few calls and got bike verified, got helmets, caberg fitted with communications, cover and lots of chrome, charger and a few bits, changed tyres had original on the front, done full service oil, filter, cruise, sub, pulled rear splines moley paste etcnext job belts, it runs great dont have access to sea foam here.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
imported post

A very good looking machine with a personality from my point of wiew! Congrats!:congrats:

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Previous owner asked me not to tell the world what i paid for it, as i got it at a really good price,1 felt guilty, as he had tears in his eyes as i handed over the cash, but he needed the money and it went to a good home. Its not easy out there due to the recession.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

That is where the previous owner displayed the tax disc, which is currently up to date.

·
Premium Member
61,466 Posts
imported post

Congratulations

A 1500 is a great ride...........:applause:

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

Beautiful looking Wing. You do know that Mother makes the Wing in other colors.:waving: :gunhead:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,722 Posts
imported post

I don't say what I paid for a bike anyway usually, especially right at first.

That is one gorgeous machine and I like it.

Hope you have many happy smiles with it.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
imported post

Very nice indeed! I'm helping a friend look for one just like that at the moment but, as yet, no luck. We would have certainly gone for that one if it had come up for sale locally. Well done - great looking bike.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

Very nice looking Goldwing. What is that below the passenger floor boards?

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

You have found a beauty! You are now ruined for life!!LOL I promise, you are gonna love that 1500! Just beautiful!! jimsjinx

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

Sweet ride.

Is there a chapter of the GWRRA in your neck of the woods? Goldwing Road Riders Association.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
imported post

GEROWING wrote:
Hi picked up this 19981500 with 12000 thousand original miles, made a few calls and got bike verified, got helmets, caberg fitted with communications, cover and lots of chrome, charger and a few bits, changed tyres had original on the front, done full service oil, filter, cruise, sub, pulled rear splines moley paste etcnext job belts, it runs great dont have access to sea foam here.
I think those pipes and engine guards are the 1999-2000.

I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

It isa european model 1998 registration ,in mint condition, now you have me worried. i am fairly sure it is 1998 but some of you might clear this up.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Are the headlight and front turn signals clear? I think the pipes and engine guards were changed in 98, same as the front rotors covers. To be sure, move the handle bars to the right and look at the left side of the steering tube, the VIN plate should be there. You may have to remove some plastic.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Nice Score! :applause:

I hope I can find one in as nice condition, with as low miles as that, when I wear my current one out. :cool:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,722 Posts
imported post

M.Barlow wrote
I think those pipes and engine guards are the 1999-2000.

I could be wrong.
My bike is a '98 and it has those same engine guards and exhaust system.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Yes, those 'newer' style engine guards surfaced on the 98s

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.