Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just purchased a 2003 goldwing and was wondering what the available factory options were for that year. Is the bike prewired for an Ipod and fog lamps in the lower fairing? Where is a good place for installing an auxilary port and where to you draw power from? Thanks for your help!

BH

·
Administrator
26,570 Posts
imported post

Don't know exactly what options were available for 2003 but it does have an auxiliary port for I-POD or whatever and should have come with the cable. There is a connection for a power outlet also and both connections are under the left fairing pocket inside a black rubber boot. The power outlet is supposed to go in the left fairing pocket in the front right corner.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

As already stated the power plug and plug in for the electronic gadgets are in the boot up under the left side storage pocket.

If however you wish to use the power adapter for anything other than a cell phone or small something you need to hook it up elsewhere as something like a compressor pump will just blow the fuse. There is one at the trunk also up in the space liner originally put three for a vanity mirror, and it is on all the time, does not cut off with the ignition.

Best to hook into the acc lugs at the main fuse panel and run back and mount in the trunk. That way you can run a small electric tire pump if need be. Or do both. That is what I have done on my bike, I have the front one for the cell phone, and one in the trunk for use of a tire compressor pump.

The pin connectors for your fog lights you can see on this installation guide. They are tucked up in there, kinda beside the timing cover.
GL1800foglight_airbag.pdf (application/pdf Object)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.