Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Finally had to break down and buy a new battery for the old girl. The old style one just wasn't cutting it anymore. I've had to top off the distilled water in it twice in the last week and it wasn't taking a full charge from the system anymore.

Went to my favorite battery outlet and bought a new Deka sealed battery with 330 cold cranking amps for her. It does't use nuts for the bolts, the threads are in the posts and has 2 of them on each post. One on top and one on the side facing out toward you. This gives you a better way to add accessory hookups. I really like it!!

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

That looks good. How old was your old one? I think that I've got about 2 1/2 years out of mine, and when it's hot, the bike is hot and I've been on the brakes a lot, it won't spin the engine like it does when it's cold.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

The old one was in the bike when I bought it in May of last year. I always used Interstate batteries in the old 76 1000 I used to have and a new Interstate would last me 3 years in it with good care.

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
imported post

"I've had to top off the sterile water in it twice in the last week and it wasn't taking a full charge from the system anymore".

I hope you meant "distilled water" as sterile water contains salts and other minerals that will short out a battery or shorten the useful life of one. "Sterile" only means that it is germ free. :coollep:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Bikefix wrote:
"I've had to top off the sterile water in it twice in the last week and it wasn't taking a full charge from the system anymore".

I hope you meant "distilled water" as sterile water contains salts and other minerals that will short out a battery or shorten the useful life of one. "Sterile" only means that it is germ free. :coollep:
Yea, that's what I meant but I had a brain fart. :D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:

Yea, that's what I meant but I had a brain fart. :D:D:D:D
man is it me or does it smell in here:shock:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

A smell of 84 bucks wafting away into some one elses pocket!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.