Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Took everyone's advice and bought a C680 Odysee batttery. I could tell the difference as soon as I hit the start button. The bike cranked without letting go of the button. Even in 39 degree weather. :bow:

Thanks for the advice! !

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
imported post

I know what you mean, I ordered a new AGM, just put it in...35 degree weather, bike been parked since sunday. Hit the starter with choke 3/4 and all I can say is WOW, fired up and running smooth in 2 seconds. major difference.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

I put in an AGM in the Sabre (last fall).
Started right up after sitting all winter (on a tender of course)

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

Tank4300 wrote:
The Odysee says no tender needed no for winter storage.
Yea, but old habits die hard.

BUBs also says no rejet needed for their Bubs Big Willie exhaust (on the Sabre) but it runs sooo much better with a rejet.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
imported post

Hi guys,

Been preparing my '02 for the spring, new tyres fitted, oil change to come.
Just replaced original Yuasa battery after 9 years!
I bought an original Honda Yuasa,and she sure sounds sweet again.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
imported post

Tank4300 wrote:
Took everyone's advice and bought a C680 Odysee batttery. I could tell the difference as soon as I hit the start button. The bike cranked without letting go of the button. Even in 39 degree weather. :bow: Thanks for the advice! !
Yea, the Odyssey PC680MJ is an excellent battery. Amazon has them listed at $122 with free shipping. I read that this site has the best inexpensive alternative to the Odyssey. Supposably, the Odyssey and the Gruber GPS battery is built by the same company.

http://www.gruberpower.com/gruberpower/advertising/Batteries/motorcyclebatteries/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.