Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I was called and asked if I wanted a 66 Yamaha 305 twin 2 stroke. This bike was my friend's dad's bike and has been in storage foralmost 40 years. It only has 3500 miles on it. It needs a lot of work to get it back going again but the wife couldn't complain on the price (free they were going to throw it in a dumpster). She thinks I have too many projects going now. This one I only want to clean up and get running and run it like that. I haven't checked it out much yet just pushed it down the street to my mom's house.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,501 Posts
imported post

I think you will have a lot of fun with that. Almost indestructible.

Rubber stuff maybe needs replacing. My DT250 was a lot of fun and strong as a tank.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Holy Moly a 66 Yamaha 305 twin 2 stroke!!!
I grew most of my back teeth on the Suzuki version
You got any mosquitoes in Utah?
If so you'll be the delight of the neighborhood when you fire up the smoker!
Check out the Japanese Vintage club for good parts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanks for the info to where to get parts. It does need some. I have wanted to get a 2 stroker for a while. I had a triple 750 Kawazaki when they first came out (that dates me). Would like to get that bike back. You would get on that and leave two blue streaks behind you. Talk about fouling plugs.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

For me it was the H1 500. I called it DEATH since the guy I had bought it from had died on (falling off at speed) it! I had it for a year before it killed someone else and itself.
As a kid I thrilled at riding the Savages. I owned a Honda 55s but would rent the 250s from local dealers in Thailand and head for the Super Highway where we could top them out. I'll admit I really enjoy the Wings and Ducks and CBRs but those little 2strokes had all the thrills and chills of real riding and the need of skill

·
Premium Member
12,853 Posts
imported post

That Yammie should be a fun bike . It wouldt suprise me if it cranks up with new plugs and carb cleaing .

Oh yea '66 it probley needs the points cleaned.

Enjoy it , at that price you sure can spend a little on it .

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a fun bike and very good price, I think.

I got a "free" dog once and ended up costing me $600. :?

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

they are pretty good bikes, I drove one from upstate NY to Orlando back in the day that was a 67, just couldn't kill it. :action::action:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.