Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Looking at a 2001 1800 ABS with extras, 29K miles, anything that I should know about this year before I buy?

Thanks in advance

Ritchie

·
Premium Member
20,620 Posts
imported post

I would take the VIN number to your local Honda dealer and they will be able to tell you if there is any outstanding items (recalls/service bulletins) that haven't been done to this cycle. This will also tell you something about the maintenance the PO has done. Obviously, it won't tell you everything but it's a start.

That's what I did on my 2002 and it helped a lot. :action:

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

papabee49 wrote:
Looking at a 2001 1800 ABS with extras, 29K miles, anything that I should know about this year before I buy?

Thanks in advance

Ritchie

Redeye1620 wrote:
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/usedgoldwing.htm

Frame cracking was an issue on the 2001 to mid 2004 models
29k miles, it isn't even broke in yet. I think the frame issue started in 2002.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Frame issue on this particular bike had been resolved accordint to the PO. Some reports of ECU issues but no knowledge of any by the PO. May go for it if the boss says OK. Need to go see it though, only seen pics so far.

Thanks everyone.:action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

Here's what I ran into with my 07 ST 1300. I took it to Oklahoma Honda/Suzuki and they were not able to pull up any records on the bike other than it was sold there. They said it may have been serviced at another Honda dealership but they didn't have access to that. They were able to tell me that the bike didn't have any outstanding recalls or service bulletins though. You're kind of at the owners word on if the bike has been serviced properly or not. A lot of people are doing it themselves as I do. You can usually tell neglect especially on a newer bike. If it's been repainted but not a custom paint job may be hiding something. Good luck, I think I heard Honda had a fix for the frame problem.

Jeff

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

There was a lil grumbling about tranny issues with some 1800's. not sure if it was a certain year or an isolated problem. a closer look at that to educate yourself! If your tall, they dont offer quite as much room as the 1500 from what I have read here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.