Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am Wheeling Wheless from Alabama. Just bought a 2005 1800 silver Goldwing. I tried to ride once and fell and have not been back on it. I am thinking about getting one of the instantrike kits. Any feedback on these kits, positive or negative is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
Sometimes we fall sometimes we don't these bikes take a little getting used to due to weight. A little more info.. youll get a few more responses. like how did you fall ?? what were you doing when it occured. And note you are not alone in tis dept. They often go to sleep on us when it is most embarrassing. My ride took a nap in a parking lot while looking for a slip to park in. Got help here on getting the parts to make the boo boos go away. And do post you are new here so you can get a proper welcome!. And warm welcome !

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Welcome from Oz. Slow speed is the enemy, I have put my naked on the ground that many times its not funny.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
73,634 Posts
Hallo Wheeling Wheless

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.
Don't give up your Wing, try again. There are more people who falled down, and they don't stop with riding. Don't be afraid, go for it.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forum! :waving:

A few questions: Are you new to bikes? Is this your first heavy bike? Have you taken and MSF Basic Course?

Trikes take just as much to get used to as the extra weight of the GoldWing. If you dropped it because you cannot support the weight, then a trike might be for you but if you dropped it because it caught you by surprise, don't give up. Play with it in the driveway until you are accustomed to the weight. Another option to consider is landing gear:

One nice thing about dropping it on your first ride is that you no longer have to worry about when you will drop it.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:Wheeling Wheless

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:
Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: