Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
imported post

Simple manometer - as long as you loop the tube high enough the liquid won't be sucked into the engine.
You can also use 100ft of clear tubing or 500ft for that matter as a level. Fill the tube with liquid, except a few feet and the water level will always be the same at both ends, unless you lower one end so far that liquid runs out.

here is a crude manometer, i would straighten the vertical tubes, but you get the idea.
BTW, this was an internet pic.

here are more pics
http://www.google.com/search?q=manometer&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=daUpUNH2CeGsyAG8yYDQAg&sqi=2&ved=0CHIQsAQ&biw=1175&bih=667

Attachments

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
imported post

TGPB wrote:
Has anyone here tried the $1.55 route? Wonder if it works as well as it sounds?
I made one, worked great on my two cyl.
Wondering about doing all four.
Haven't been here long enough for the loaner program.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Is the carb sync loaner tool program still in existence? I need to sync the carbs on my GL1000 and GL1200.

Also, I seem to have a problem sending PM's with the new site.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Is the carb sync loaner tool program still in existence? I need to sync the carbs on my GL1000 and GL1200.

Also, I seem to have a problem sending PM's with the new site.

What is the PM problem you are having? Your account looks to be functioning normally.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
What is the PM problem you are having? Your account looks to be functioning normally.
I'm not sure what problem djoyner is having but I've replied to a PM twice and although the reply seems to send it never appears in my sent box.

While I'm here I might as well mention the Members Map, you posted a link to it but as it was not made a sticky it got lost in the old posts.

·
Graphics Guru
1,311 Posts
I'm not sure what problem djoyner is having but I've replied to a PM twice and although the reply seems to send it never appears in my sent box. .

you need to enable that in your User CP Ken:

in your User CP>>>

click on Settings & Options
then click on Edit Options
then click on Messaging & Notification

tick the box that says "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default"

click Save at the bottom of the page.

ive asked my Dad to check if you have it enabled so he might do it for you if you dsont get to it first..

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Ken, I've just enabled "Saved Sent PMs" in your account and djoyners. It is disabled by default, with the option to enable at any time as Dylan explained.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Thanks both Steve and Dylan.

I did find the settings after my post but didn't get around to updating you.:eek:

The new format does involve a learning curve but so far it looks and works great.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,297 Posts
I have found the wording in the options dialog to be "miss leading" in a lot of places. ie, it means exactly the opposite of what I would choose for the way they wrote it.

I can do a h*e*l*l* of a lot better at writing technical manuals, most folks do NOT analyze what they wrote after they wrote it, to make triple darn sure it will be understood as it should be.

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Ken I just replied to Djoyner about the carb loaner program. I'm not sure what's happening but for some reason I haven't been receiving my email notifications from this site when someone is asking about the tools. I've checked my profile and believe I got it handled. Sorry for all the problems I seemed to have caused??. I didn't even know this site got a face lift!!!. I'll keep a closer watch..........Allan

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Just a reminder, I'm the current keeper of the sacred carb-sync loaner tool. Let me know who/where to send it next! :)

·
finishcarpenter
160 Posts
I sent a pm to davetv with questions

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
I sent a pm to davetv with questions
I believe all communication about loaner tools should go through our Toolmaster flyboyziel56.
I'm sure both davetv and yourself are fine upstanding members here but if you bypass our Toolmaster how's he to know where a tool is when a request for it comes his way?

·
finishcarpenter
160 Posts
I believe all communication about loaner tools should go through our Toolmaster flyboyziel56.
I'm sure both davetv and yourself are fine upstanding members here but if you bypass our Toolmaster how's he to know where a tool is when a request for it comes his way?
Thanks, Will do.

·
finishcarpenter
160 Posts
PM sent

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Ugh, do I really need 50 post, long time member, short on posts and would rather not random post my way to 50, and I just bought a 84 gl1200 that could really use a sync, can't a brother get a hand, pretty please ???

·
finishcarpenter
160 Posts
I had to, but rules are rules you would have to contact Flyboyziel56 to see what he thinks.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
Ugh, do I really need 50 post, long time member, short on posts and would rather not random post my way to 50, and I just bought a 84 gl1200 that could really use a sync, can't a brother get a hand, pretty please ???
Jump over to the "New Members" section and post a few Hello's and bada-bing... 50 posts in no time.

21 - 40 of 100 Posts