61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Administrator
25,725 Posts

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Has this gone missing???
chargincharlie hasn't visited here in over a year so if you sent it to him it's probably missing.

If you have a mailing address or phone number for him you could try contacting him.

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,236 Posts
I just sent an email to shelbylen to alert him to read this thread starting with his last post.

·
Administrator
59,236 Posts
Jobe05 also has the tools, send him a PM, we are supposed to have two sets of most of them.

Jobe05 has taken over as the Master Tool keeper.... it is a hard job to keep track of them, but at least he tries and is on the forum regularly.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey guys, been awhile. I received an email today, so I logged in to take a look. I sent the carb sync off a long time ago. I usually scan in all my invoices, I will search my computer and see if I can find the address I sent them to.

·
big PIA
1,433 Posts
I also have a set of synch gauges if anyone near central Illinois need to use them, just need to find one of the valves used to keep needle from floating but it should not be too hard to find.
I can pull the stems off my carbs and put screw back into ports so that they are available as well, just pm me if needed.

·
Administrator
59,236 Posts
Hey guys, been awhile. I received an email today, so I logged in to take a look. I sent the carb sync off a long time ago. I usually scan in all my invoices, I will search my computer and see if I can find the address I sent them to.

Thanks for checking in and letting us know where "they aren't".

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
What? AZgl1800 What are you meaning?
That we now know you didn't keep them but past them along. :claps:

Without a ToolMaster who's job is to know where each tool is they will all eventually go missing.

·
Administrator
59,236 Posts
What? AZgl1800 What are you meaning?
as Ken just said, I sent the email to ask if you had knowledge of their where abouts.... but, you updated us that you had passed them on to someone else. that is great.

You said you would try to see if you still had info on who that was, would be nice to know if possible.

Tracking these tools takes a lot of due diligence, and it is not easy as a lot of folks don't check into the forum and report "job done here, I sent them to GuyInIdaho or where ever...

We have lost at least two Tool Masters, one who took the job very seriously, but his heart gave out and he has signed onto a higher level job now.... up in heaven.

The other tool"master" just disappeared and we can't reach him.

·
big PIA
1,433 Posts
What would be required to be tool master, I would be willing to help out if I could. I have been logging in here daily for a while and if I could help I am offering it

·
Administrator
59,236 Posts
Just being willing to keep track of who has what, and that it is reported as "being available" for the next person to use.

PM John Johnson "Jobe05" as he is one of the Tool Masters, he has asked for additional help... he is located in King, NC on the east coast.... that puts his "warehouse" way over there... :)

I am sure he would welcome help

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Tracking these tools takes a lot of due diligence, and it is not easy as a lot of folks don't check into the forum and report "job done here, I sent them to GuyInIdaho or where ever.
A ToolMasters job is to keep track of where the tools are.

All requests for the use of said tools should be addressed to the ToolMaster and he and only he should tell the current holders of the tools where to send them next.

It would be nice if someone with the time and organizational skills would take on the job as without it the current tools will quickly be lost.

As it stands now I doubt anyone would donate a tool as it's like with our tax dollars, they would just disappear into the fog.

·
big PIA
1,433 Posts
Who ever the tool master is should have contact info from the person borrowing the tools imo, and not just thru forums. Some people don't get on here until they need info or something.
We need a spreadsheet on where the tools are, when they were received and shipped.
I agree the tool master needs to be the person telling where to ship to next, someone could ask tool master direct and someone who post in forum they need it may get it first TM was asked about before that person. Everybody that wants to borrow need to go through the tool master

·
big PIA
1,433 Posts
We should have a list of tools that can be loaned and update when they are available as well.
At the moment I am still waiting to here from JJ

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
I sent a pm to Jobe05 a while back with all the tools I now have available to loan for a 1500, but no answer back.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
There seems to be some confusion with the tool loaner program.......

As stated in this thread, if you have tools that you would like to loan out, just add them to the list (pictures would be nice. No special permission would be needed, your participation is appreciated. Once you post what you would be willing to loan, I will add it to the list on my spread sheet to track who it is sent to so we can track tools. This is not a hard thing to track for me, since I took it over, 2 tools have changed hands, with one tool out presently.

Part of the confusion that perhaps John (AZ) can fix is the tool loaner program now encompasses 3 different pinned threads. If these could get combined, deleting all the old threads till my post of the tools available may help streamline this process.

Reactions: AZgl1800
61 - 80 of 100 Posts