Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
You were riding with with Monk and Dave.....

I did that once, I understand the recouperative time......

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
I will take pictures of the tools I have to loan for a GL1500. I have the steering stem nut socket, spring tool for fork spring removal, swing arm castle nut socket, motion pro fork seal driver, 4 gauge carb sync tool. 30mm socket for steering lock nut.

Should I engrave my name on tools??

·
Administrator
57,434 Posts
One thing to keep in mind on the Tools Program.

Once they are in the System, you won't ever get them back unless you need them and ask for them to come back to you.

The reason is: Once they are received by the guy who needs it, he is responsible to keep them in safe keeping, until the Tool Master "Jobe05" gives him a call and the new name/address to ship them to. We did this to cut down on the expense involved in maintaining the program.

Our loss rate has been pretty low..... sometimes, folks just drop dead, or out of the forums, or motorcycle life.... and they or their relatives don't contact us.

If you want to loan them out, and have them sent back to you, you best do that on a " 1 on 1 " situation.

John/Jobe05 maintains a spreadsheet of each tool in the inventory, he knows who and where, and how many times it has moved around.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
John/Jobe05 maintains a spreadsheet of each tool in the inventory, he knows who and where, and how many times it has moved around.
I believe that list should be made into a read only sticky instead if being scattered into many threads as it is now.
The list could include the number of outstanding requests for each tool and a clicky to add yourself to the request list.

Unfortunately I don't have the skills to create this but perhaps one of our members does.

·
Administrator
57,434 Posts
Ken,

you are right, and Jobe05 and I have talked of merging the threads all together and then me go thru them and delete all of the superfluous stuff...

but, with my high pay scale, I am not sure I can afford to do that "right now"....

got a trailer to finish, bike mods to get installed, and a Zero Turn mower that I really hoped to have running before I leave on June 1st.... and look at the date now :(
the 21st May already

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
JOhn (az), Could you bring your new Alternator wrenches with you to the BRP M&G and leave them with me for a couple of weeks? (I'll mail them back to you). I would like to see if I can duplicate them. I would like to carry one with me when traveling, then make another set (or 2) to have in the loaner program so even if someone is traveling long distances, and would like a set just to carry during the trip, they will be available.

All this of course with the assumption that my duplicating and welding skills can meet up to the task.........

·
Administrator
57,434 Posts
JOhn (az), Could you bring your new Alternator wrenches with you to the BRP M&G and leave them with me for a couple of weeks? (I'll mail them back to you). I would like to see if I can duplicate them. I would like to carry one with me when traveling, then make another set (or 2) to have in the loaner program so even if someone is traveling long distances, and would like a set just to carry during the trip, they will be available.

All this of course with the assumption that my duplicating and welding skills can meet up to the task.........
They are always in my toolbag.

No problem, and yes, you can duplicate them with ease once you see them.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hello, is the steering head nut socket available ? If someone could let me know I would like to borrow it and then send it back after I finish with it. Also the front fork spring tool for the GL 1500. Thanks Jerry

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Well, I have a steering nut socket and the fork spring cap removal tool that work on gl1500 that are my personal tools that I would loan on a use and immediate return basis. I also have a 4 gauge carb sync set, a fork seal seating tool and the swing arm castle nut socket. PM me and we can figure out how to do this.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is this still going? I need to sync my carbs on my 1200 and the local guy wants a minimum of 100. I’m in Iowa if someone has one that would ship it to me. I pay shipping of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
21,849 Posts
I think the program is kaput. Do some looking. A lot of forum members have built their own sync tool with some hose, some oil and a board to stick them to.

If you want, you can come over and I'll sync it for ya. :grin3:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think the program is kaput. Do some looking. A lot of forum members have built their own sync tool with some hose, some oil and a board to stick them to.

If you want, you can come over and I'll sync it for ya. :grin3:

Thanks! Lol my brother lives in Peoria do I’ll see ya in a few days. Hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 100 Posts