Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

When I was in Daytona last week, I "button holed" the Dunlop guys and asked them when they were coming out with their new E3 tire with the triple compound make up - center of tread harder than sidewalls and sidewalls getting progressively stickier as you move away from the center... The Dunlop guys said they were in production and that they would be available in early April...

Subsequent to that conversation my riding buddy just called Dunlop and asked primarily the same question... The response was a bit puzzling in that the customer service reps answer was that ONLY the back tire was being introduced with the triple compound design...

To my way of thinking, I would like both tires to be of the same compound make up and additionally, in that the vast majority of braking force takes place on the front tire, (assuming proper technique) their answer was even more puzzling to me... It has been my experience that my front tire wears faster than my back tire, and I always like to change tires as a "set" anyway...

So - - - - are any of you currently running this new Dunlop triple compound tire, and if you are, do you have any feedback for the rest of us and any comments regarding my thoughts on only the back tire being of the triple compound technology design???

The CS rep said that when you now order a new set of E3's, you will get the triple compound back tire and the regular front tire... My buddy also asked if Dunlop was addressing the noise generated by the E3's and pretty much got the "deer in the headlights" answer...

All comments are welcome ;)

Les

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bill,

Well, I'm currently running Avon Cobra's and they are noisy too... Are you running the new triple compound rear tire???

Les

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the input so far guys - some very good points have been brought up so far - keep the comments coming... The information my buddy received from the Dunlop CS rep was in fact that are designated E3 and are referred to as MT design but that would be transparent to the buyer... The CS rep also said they they would be locally available around the middle of April, so I expect we'll start to see them by then...

I tend to be like Chromo and usually take a "wait and see" attitude before buying the newest and greatest widget, although I was one of those that was riding on Michelin Gold Standard Radials on my 1500 and thought it was the best tire I had ever ridden on... I paid no attention to the recall which really wasn't a real recall and rode them until they needed replacing with any issues...

Les

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry Hodgy if you did not get them this year they are not the new E3 MT's.
I spoke with Dunlop Headquarters in January 2013 and they had not rolled off the production line yet and were not expecyed to be in production till early March 2013.
I have had good luck with the E3's on my 1500 as much as 18000 miles one season. I am going to try the E3's MT whenI can find a set but no luck so far in Canada anyways….
That pretty much jives with what the Dunlop Reps told me at Daytona - there were some already out but wide spread availability would be about mid April of this year...

Les

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.