Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just bought a new pair of electric grips made by Show Chrome from Cyclemax and installed them Sunday. They worked for one day. I checked all connections and they look good. I'm getting power to controller because I see the temp setting light on when I turn the controller on. Any thoughts or ideas on what else I should check? I'd hate to have to cut brand new grips offmy bike.

I'm just a bit irritated about this issue.:?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Verify that you're getting voltage Out of the controller, to each grip.

Are both grips not working, or just one?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Neither one is working.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Is this the one you bought?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

No, they are OEM type grips and the controller is a white push buttonbox on/off with 4 settings. LED lights up at at different settings.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

I have the same ones on my bike, with the push buttons. Mineare over a year old and works great. Check to make sure that your voltage going to the controller does not drop below 13 volts, as it will cut off the power to the grips. Also, it takes a while for the grips to get warm, and the colder it gets, the longer it takes, since the handlebars act as a simi-heatsink and absorbs some of the heat. If the light is on at the controller, and after 5 minutes you still have cold grips, then either the output going to the grips is bad, which can be checked with a multimeter, or both grips are bad, which would be extremely unusual.:shock:

Gene:action:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
...Check to make sure that your voltage going to the controller does not drop below 13 volts, as it will cut off the power to the grips. ...
> Are you testing them with the engine On or Off?... If Off, then the voltage drop might be shutting off the controller.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Glester,

They have an inline fuse and are wired directly to the battery. I have a new Compufire Alternator I installed this past spring. Voltage shouldn't be an issue. I rode 42 miles to work today at hwy speeds and no heat out of them. Everything else worked fine to include my Running lights and Gerbing Jacket liner this morning. I wore new jacket linerjust to try it out. Didnt really need it yet. lol

Does the control light stay on even when the voltage drops to the grips? The controller never shut off at all until I turned it off.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
imported post

I had a set of those and the right grip failed. Wingstuff sent me a new replacement set and they still work. If both grips failed together it could be a bad fuse or power not coming out of the controller.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.