Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

In a couple of weeks myself and 2 friends are heading up from Washington DC to Lake George ,NY and swing east towards Mt Washington. Are there any other places of interest to check out on the way back?

We plan on not using the interstates anymore than possible.

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

If you have time swing on up into the Adirondacks in NY. There is a lot to do depending on what you like. There is the Lake Placid Olympic Center that they still use as a training center, even in summer. Whiteface mountain which is not a lot compared to Mt Washington but it is still a nice stop. The Adirondack Museum was something I really enjoyed, spent a whole day there. There are some of the old "camps" from some of the richest families in the country from years ago that are open as musems as well. See how the rich people lived in the summers back in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Take the Ferry ride across Lake Champlain to Burlington, it is not expensive and kind of fun to do.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

We traveled the Seaway Trail from Erie, Pato Watertown, NY then cut across the Adirondaks and crossed lake Champlaine on the ferry. Followed route 2 right to Mt. Washington. Was closed the day we were there so did not get to go up. Continued on route 2 into Maine and went to Acadia National Park. Very beautiful place. Went southward on route 1. Went through Boston and then onto Cape Cod. Went to The Breakers in RI and continued south and stopped at the Statue of Liberty. Travelled westward to the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania and then to home. Pretty nice two week trip.:action:

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
imported post

I guess it depends on how much time you have.....you could spend a month in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. Definately try to check out the Kanc (Kangmangus Highway). Pinkham Notch, the pass through Mt. Washington over to Gorham NH. I could go on and on.......Again it just depends on how much time you have....Feel free to contact me. [email protected]

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
imported post

Make a quick side trip down the Bear Notch Road too.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

The Smugglers Notch Vt is a nice area & interesting "mini dragon" Hwy 108 from Stowe to Jeffersonville. Stop @Gracie's for their "Waldorff Salad" :action::action:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.