Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just fitted the new style lenses on my 1800 , look OK not sure about the bottom ones though. Anyway to cut a long story short , when i got home i washed the bike down and could not believe that the new lenses filled up with soap and water.Has any one else had this experience

Paul

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

HI Paul :waving:was it soap and water or condensation ? I have noticed mine with a lot of condensation ,the original Honda ones do the same ,,it is just you can see it on the clear lenses ,,dont worry about it once you are travelling it quickly disappears ,,Just check and see if your bulb holders are seated in correctly ,cheers Ciaran

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Paul Barnes, :waving: I was just about to welcome you to the board :clapper:when I saw that this was your first mesg, :clapper:but low and behold when I read that your a member since Aug. '04 i nearly fainted. :crying:Hey where have you been all this time, :crying:eek:nemesg in six months. :whip: Now back to your problem. :baffled:Soap and water should not get into the lenses, :stumped: maybe a bit of mist or condensation but certainly not soap and water. :whip: After washing the :18red: you will often notice that the front headlamp will get misty but clears up very quickly with the headlight switched on. I would get this checked out if i were you. :jumper: Now im not a "Guru" so my info might be misty. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Condensation yes, I've had that on both the stock rear lights and the new clear ones. It goes away quickly. I've never had them fill with water. Sounds like your lights are not properly sealed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.