Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well got tired of dragging the old junky exhaust on every slight turn. So here we go.

Old exhaust, hung way to low, not welded flopping every where.

What the "adapter" looked like after I took it off.

So I grabbed the stock mufflers off my dads sportster and drilled the baffles out, then went up to the local muffler man and had them do two 1 3/4" pipes flared to 2" on one end and a 10 degree bend to bring the mufflers up away from the ground, welded the pipe to the header and clamped on the mufflers. I like the way it looks and surprisingly it's not that loud unless your WOT.

I painted the pipe and header black but don't have a pic yet will get soon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

Looks nice.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks I'm really happy with it. Over the winter I might do a 4-2-1 and have just one muffler on the left side but this satisfies me for now lol. I change exhaust on my cars some times more then I change pants

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
imported post

I want to do the same thing, but Sportster takeoffs are hard to find in this part of the woods.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

I was thinking of doing that with my shadow, are you not concerned about the angle leading to moisture collection & rust ??

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

My friend runs his at a angle also. I don't think moisture is a problem. Most sportbikes have their exhaust at an angle and survive.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Today was the first of select few times it will see rain. I don't think it will have a problem

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

Thats what they look like on my 82 wing and the sound is nice too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.