Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
1,416 Posts
i been online all morning never was the site down for me i hit the back button and everything was changed i thought i was directed to a different site but it just upgraded:claps:i was :surprise: looks ok to me so far!
Nice, glad to hear.

Sometimes we can do a conversion without taking the site down but I wanted to have a notice up in case they did take it down.:nerd:

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Administrator
25,773 Posts
When I got on this afternoon I didn't know what I was looking at for a couple seconds. Then it came to me.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I was at work this morning and was browsing the forum and hit the back button and poof... new site.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I like it!

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
So how do I find the options and the legacy you speak of. I just turned on new site I get videos comercials and popups. That's not upgrade that aggravating.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So how do I find the options and the legacy you speak of. I just turned on new site I get videos comercials and popups. That's not upgrade that aggravating.
The Legacy Switch is not available at the moment, at least I have not found it.... but, it will be in the Menu shortly.

I'm sure that Jeff will answer this question tomorrow when he come back on duty.... he seems to disappear around 3 PM CST for some reason :ROFL:

·
Just Winging It
3,325 Posts
The Legacy Switch is not available at the moment, at least I have not found it.... but, it will be in the Menu shortly.

I'm sure that Jeff will answer this question tomorrow when he come back on duty.... he seems to disappear around 3 PM CST for some reason :ROFL:
Bottom of page left side pick classic.
Untitled.png

·
Just Winging It
3,325 Posts
I'm just glad I found the link.

I find the old colors easier on the eyes.

Maybe I'm getting old...er and set in my ways. :D

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm just glad I found the link.

I find the old colors easier on the eyes.

Maybe I'm getting old...er and set in my ways. :D
the old colors, and the old format is much better....
I hate the new editor that is squished into a very small area on the left side of the screen...... that forces me to turn my head sideways enough to get a crick in my neck...

Mind you, I use a 24 inch wide screen, this is NOT trivial to me.
The editor needs to stay in the CENTER of the screen, not on the left side when using the full version.

Mobile use, yeah, left side, but not for normal Desktop PC use.

And I have a question??

I just got a report of a user being subjected to Sound Advertisements !!!

anyone else hear them, and if you do, what area of the forum are you looking at? I have headphones turned ON but don't hear any audio.

·
Premium Member
60,158 Posts
Boy the old color is so much easier on the eyes.. It's like finding an old friend .............

Reactions: JeffMayfield

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
yeah, that Bright White is a bitch.... I can't handle it either....

if they don't give us an option to turn the background yellow the same shade as the Classic Version, I am done with the new style.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
This has always stood out as a unique site, both for appearance and the amazing family that exists here. The new software is kind of generic complete with Facebook and Twitter, just like all the others. Nothing special! Improvements are great and often needed but sadly this site seems to be losing some of what made it so special.

·
Just Winging It
3,325 Posts
This has always stood out as a unique site, both for appearance and the amazing family that exists here. The new software is kind of generic complete with Facebook and Twitter, just like all the others. Nothing special! Improvements are great and often needed but sadly this site seems to be losing some of what made it so special.
This site IMO is what we make of it.

Sure jazz up the home page and add new features.

Leave the colors. It makes this site unique and memorable. Surely the new software can match the colors. Let people choose the new colors if they want.

The transition has been smooth.

·
Premium Member
9,298 Posts
Prefer the classic version, so returned back to it today.
Not much time given to members to give feedback before the 'new' version was upon us.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Are they gonna raise the price of admission?

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
I am happy they gave the classic option. I was ready to leave and was told you can go back to original site lay out. Call me an old fart if you must, but NO I don't like change.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.