Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, you all can call me a newbie to being an owner of a bike, though I have been around them all my life. I am 41 years old and I decided to buy myself a 1981 Goldwing Interstate GL 1100 from a pal that was in real need. I am an automotive mechanic and could see how easy it is to work on one of these, and couldn't resist! So now I am in the process of tearing it down to get to the engine. My original plan was to restore it as best as possible, but I fell in love with it! I have watched multiple videos on how to drop out the 1200's, from what I understand is exactly the same as what I bought. Me being me, I am going to do a complete overhaul on the engine/trans and brakes... It doesn't run and brakes locked up any who... Since I am not licensed to drive motorcycles (yet) and I am a 100% Disabled Veteran, I am going to turn it into a trike since my brain can not balance a bike, when I have a hard enough time balancing myself. So I am doing tons of research well before I get too heavily involved in this process, 6 months so far and I have a logical brain and critically think everything through on a big project like this. Any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Oh! An no I will not do one of those bolt on trike kits!

·
Magic Moderator
4,496 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Trike conversion kits for the GL1100 are no longer available as Triwing Industries (Triwing Trikes) has closed up shop and you would have to build your own.

·
Premium Member
63,747 Posts
Hallo grizz13

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts