Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all and great forum! I am Eric and the night before last my roomie and I went out to look at a truck for sale which got bought out from under us as we pulled up. The other aspect, and why I went is they mentioned bikes also... Well I drilled a 1984 Interstate for a real steal, hopefully tomorrow the title will be in order.

The bike has sat since 2010 due to a stator issue, have not checked the actual condition of the stator as bike is still in their possession. It has 70k on it and looks pristine except for the plastic chrome plated flames they plastered on it (which are gone asap) definitely an inside stored bike at all times, and no blatant evidence of serious lay down at speed.

Due to massive economic issues, I have been riding a Honda 250 Rebel the past couple years just to be in the wind, this will be a welcomed upgrade to what I am use to in power and comfort. I really can't wait as a 2 hour ride on the Rebel winds up a painful end ... lol

I have been looking into the alternator conversion as a larger power source to begin with for the bike as a show piece for a lighting business I am just getting into. I know the stator will not handle what I will ask of it in show piecing what I will ask of it. I have the resources, knowledge and skills to do the conversion and am researching to do it without a kit. Will be reading all I can, but once the bike is here at the homestead will be in the process of diagnosing and designing.

Thank you for the information on the forum and rubber side down all

Eric

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Welcome:waving:mancrypt

·
Premium Member
73,634 Posts
Hallo mancrypt

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
:waving:Greetings from N.Idaho and welcome to the Best Goldwing Forum on the internet. If used, this forum will supply you with great information and hours of simple entertainment.

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts