Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Premium Member
Have talked with both DFW In Grapevine TX and also with Honda of Russellville today. The salesman at DFW worked awfully hard to steer me away from a new 2021 GW Bike with the CSC trike kit which is what I have my heart set on. He tried to convince me to buy from his inventory a 2018 or even a 2019 for two grand more and for less money than a 2021 he says.
That salesman at DFW was just trying to sell you his old stock that they are trying to get rid of. He would probably get a higher percentage of the sale if he could unload one of them on you. He was only pushing what that lady sales manager told him to do. They are a bunch of scoundrels to be avoided.

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
That salesman at DFW was just trying to sell you his old stock that they are trying to get rid of. He would probably get a higher percentage of the sale if he could unload one of them on you. He was only pushing what that lady sales manager told him to do. They are a bunch of scoundrels to be avoided.
Agreed and that's exactly what I told the woman sales manager when she called me. It turns out the woman didn't jut want to follow up with me after her salesman made his failed pitch as she indicated to me. My sister who was a legal secretary and consultant for many years at a NASA military government contractor working out of NASA in Houston and leading realtor had called her and supposedly set her straight on how shabbily my sister thought the salesman treated me. I had earlier related how badly the call went.

Sister said she kind of let the manager have it with both barrels and that she was ashamed for the dealership for the way her brother, me was treated. Anyway the manager never said that she spoke with sister which I found out later when talking to sis about the manager calling me up out of the blue. Had to have a good chuckle as sister can come across sounding like a lawyer or even a judge when she has too. Very legalistic like. But the manager was so apologetic sis said, she was just beside herself. I then better understood the managers call. But in short that was what the salesman was trying to do, to talk me into buying one his remaining overstocked 2018 models. LOL 馃榿

Premium Member
Thanks for info. I'm quite familiar with Cut 'n' Shoot and the area around it and greater Conroe. I'll make it a point to drop in on them as they are just down the road so to speak, 15-18 miles or so. Yes, the CSC is my choice of the conversion choices I'm favoring and that's what I'm aiming for and I realize that it is quite costly, the CSC but I can handle the price tag I believe (hope so anyway). And the DCT in the bike is a must for me as well along with a few other options.. It's what I've been working towards for. My bank has assured me they'll finance me up to $50k or maybe even a little more if necessary so I should be set on that end.

But it looks like it might be a few more weeks before the 2021 GW is available and then it may take up to another 2-3 weeks after that for the buildout. But I'm hoping Russellville Honda will have one in stock sooner. The salesman I spoke with said it's a possibility. Doesn't matter as that's the build I want. And I want it in Honda Candy Apple Red too.

I'm really looking forward to getting it and getting on the road as I want to spend about two weeks or so touring Texas again. I know that this endeavor will take more than just two weeks to accomplish but I'm still young at 70 and Texas is a rather sizeable state in land mass and tourist traps. Have seen much of it already due to business travels over past years but never for leisure. Now's the time for that. I'd definitely like to Meet-Up with other riders in my area for sure. I want to hit the Hill Country again up around the Canyon Lake part and Lake Travis and some of the other scenic routes. Hoo-boy can hardly wait.

I'm sure I'll have more questions about my pending purchase as time marches on towards that date as I've never owned a Gold Wing before and the CSC kit will be the icing on top for me. Thanks again.
we usually have a meet up every year in Kerrvile. Last year was cancelled of course due to Covid concerns. Join Trike Talk and you'll see the details there.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts