Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

im changing my front fork seals on my 83 aspy and decided to put a set of progressive brand springs in while im at it. the new springs are longer and one piece. the old are two pieces. is this a design improvement or do i need to install the small spring along with the new one?

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
imported post

Discard the stock springs. I believe the progressive instruction sheet tells you to do so. I am in the middle of a complete front end rebuild ( wheel bearings,steering stem bearings,fork rebuilds)

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

ok thx. good luck with your overhaul. anyone know the fluid capacitiesfor the forks on an 83 aspy?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Check the information that came with your Progressive springs or if you didn't get any go their site and look for 'literature' an you'll find the information you need. They don't give an exact amount but the depth of the oil in the collapsed forks which should be easy if you haven't put the fork caps back on. Watch out removing and replacing those caps, there's a LOT of pressure on them with the Progressive springs.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

:shock:ya know what those instruction are there for a reason. i guess i should have read them first. its got all of the info i need. :cheeky1:well thx guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.