Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New GL1800 from Simpsonville SC

566 views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  Doug D 
#1 ·
imported post

Hey everyone,

I'm finally back on 2 wheels after several years sabatical. I was a Shadow and Valkyrie rider back in the late 90s. I now have kids graduated and married off and back in the saddle.

I had gotten completely spoiled by Valkyrie performance back in the day and totally swore off anymore farm equipment V-twins. I kept pushing to upgrade the Valk tothe point where I finally told myself....dude, you realize you're spec'ing out a Wing don't you? The Valk was totalled in an accident caused by an uninsured cager. Thankfully I was fine and my insurance covered the damages.

Started getting the fever again back in the Summer and finally picked up one of Schroaders yellow 2010s a couple of weeks ago. Already over 1000 miles on the thing...not looking back...;-)

#2 ·
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome starman57[/align]

#7 ·
imported post

Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

#11 ·
imported post

Welcome to the Forum starman57! :waving:

#14 ·
imported post

Didn't make it all the way to the Parkway Sunday. It was floating around 56 degrees in Hendersonville with punching, gusting winds so I thought the better of it and made my standard Chimney Rock run. The Parkway would have been 10 degrees cooler and windier still.

I am getting an amazing 44 mpg now. When I first got it, it was hanging around 39-40. I ran a can of Seafoam through it (clean out any warehouse gunk from storage at Schroaders)and the mileage just starting creeping up.

#15 ·
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

#16 ·
imported post

Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.