Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

THE C. B. RADIO SHOULD BE INCLUDED, AS WELL AS 6 SPEED TRANSMISSION, WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY HAS BEEN OUT AT LEAST TEN YRS, WHERE HAVE THE HONDA ENGINEERS BEEN, WIRELESS INTERCOM PLEASE. REAR SEAT SPEAKERS SHOULD BE STANDARD. ADJUSTABLE SEAT HEIGHT , THERE A LOT OF G.W. RIDERS SHORTER THAN 6 FT.DRIVER FLOORBOARDS SHOULD BE STANDARD. THESE BIKES COST AS MUCH AS A GOOD CAR WITH A/C AND ALL THE GOODIES, COMON HONDA, DO SOMETHING FOR THE PEOPLE THAT PONY UP AND BUY YOUR PRODUCT.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

And I thought I was the only one with the space and other issues. I moved the truck back to accomodate the relocated seat. I have installed new audio system, intercom & CB. Wish the power from the stator was better. Have over 100 bulbs, plus driving lamps and cornering lamps. Can't hook up until I find a mini single wire altinator I can afford. Rear tire is larger than stock - just fits in frame, acutally it has to be pushed in. Need the load capacity, bags are always loaded. I have gone through 4 - 5 sets of Progreassive air shock - they never last more than 2 years. I finally found a set of progressive pnumatic coil overs for the rear. It is so nice not to be bottoming out all the time.
The 1800's are too expensive for what you get. I can get a 2 year old Ultra Classic for a lot less. Though it would never match my 85 wing. The 1500 & 1800 yes,
3000 rpms @ 70 mph is too high, I agree, can the rear gear ring be changed?

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

Should go back to the 1500 style/body lines for the storage room and larger "cockpit"with a 2000cc engine(1800 atleast) and 6 speed transmission. Add some better colors like thedark metallic green from 1995.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
imported post

cldryder wrote:
an ELECTRIC windsheild.

4 cyl; lighter and cheaper with better mileage. A touring bike doesn't need to (and shouldn't) weigh 800+ pounds. Ok, maybe if its a diesel.

control architecture and wiring harness friendly to customer add-ons. End the rape job pricing for a CB.

standard and "jumbo" size detachable luggage.

truly adjustable ergonomics accommodating riders 5'6" to 6'1" or whatever range gets 80% of the potential riders.

Couldn"t agree more with the weight. Wow, is she ever heavy.

10 minute access for standard maintenance items like air and fuel filter.
Couldn't agree any more regarding the weight.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
imported post

KT7R wrote:
Yea leg room is a big issue. I am 6'4" and I have size 13 feet. So my legs tend to cramp up alot. Also when I switch from the 1200 to 1500 I also notice that my feet have far less room with a 6cyl motor.
Hah! Im 6'5" with size 18 shoes man. It can be a pain, for sure.

As far as the weight goes, I just came off a 82 Zuk GS1100GK, their first try at a touring bike, and while is is technically lighter, the 1800 is a LOT easier to push around. This is my 2nd 1800, and after a few different bike in between I cant believe how much I love the 1800.

Yeah, it has its issues, but what bike doesnt?

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
imported post

Since I've been a 1200 owner for many years, I do belive that I wouldn't own an 1800. I've been called on to fix several of them, and have seen the insides a bit too closely. My main gripe is that the handling just stinks on the new bikes. The tires are the biggist culprit to the handling issue. Worst part is that you no choice in sizes. On the older bikes, It was possible to get a larger tire on the front, in order to cure the front end dive at slow speeds. Not so, now. Its here are the sizes. Don't like it? Oh well, tough cookies.

Guess thats why there's more than one brand out there.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Well, I have an 04 gl1800 that I love. It's my daily rider and I couldn't be much more happier with it. I do agree on the CB being standard and the weight issues, but I've ridden 2 up with full bags and didn't notice much of a difference in the bike. I'm 6' 200LBS and I've given my dad a ride a few times with no problem, however I know that I've stressed the "weight limit" on the bike and that I do so every time I ride 2 up. The available room is not an issue for me, but then again I went from a 80 suzuki gs1000 to my wing and the suzuki had a considerable amount of room, but it didn't have any of the creature comforts that my road couch does. I could see a 6th gear though because 3k rpm at 70 really is high. It would improve MPG as well as reduce wear and tear on the moving parts.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
imported post

The 1800 is just to heavy for a lot of people including myself. I had an '03 and really loved the brakes and power but at 70 years old and only 5'9" it is too big. Wish Honda had just perfected the 4 cylinder and made it in a package similar to the 1200s.
Bobby

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Two words

Turbo diesel:waving:

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
imported post

Doesn't anyone think the new 2012 wing is just butt ugly? And at 6'3" leg room and highway peg usefulness is a huge issue!! Also like to see friendlier electrical add on abilities!

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

After reading the remarks I am glad that I bought another 1200 Aspencade. It would be nice to have the reverse option on the 1200 but I am happy with the way it rides/handles/MPG and looks.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I would love to see Honda go back to an updated version of the 1200, with about the same size and weight. Only use gear driven cams instead of belt or chain. And since a new one would pretty much have to have a lot of electronics, I would like to see a 10 year unlimited warranty on the electronics, at least the expensive digital computer stuff. Everybody tells me how reliable this stuff is, but that has not been my experience. If it is that reliable, what would it cost you to warranty it for 10 years? It's a real bummer to pay $30,000 for a bike, then start having thousands of dollars worth of electronic problems with it shortly after the 1 year warranty runs out. And as someone else said, I would like to see Honda dealers honor that warranty, quickly and professionally. A new Goldwing now costs as much as a new Corvette did only a few years ago. Anyone who spends that kind of money on a new motorcycle should not only have all the toys, but reliability and piece of mind as well.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
imported post

I say........ They can build several models in one year and they can charge accordingly, they can add whatever options they feel necessary or what ever options the customer would like.

AS LONG AS THEY BUILD THEM BACK HERE IN THE USA!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

i think goldwing should design a heavy duty locking kickstand as harley has because at times it is needed for safety. chrome would be nice. rlm61

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

A 1800 has 300 cc per hole a harley has like 750 cc per hole. It needs a 6 gear. Honda's love to rev. Put ear plugs in and go for a ride. You may even forget to shift into 5 th
I did
Wilf

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
imported post

side bags,i cant fit 1/2 as much as i could on my 1500 toploaders are a must on a long trip, we bought a trailer to carry what we did on a 1200, granted we were very tall on the 1200. 1 more gear,cb standard,i installed a hartco big boy to give me 3 inches didn't seem to bother passenger room,tires always a problem, there is no way my 1200 would keep up with my 1800 even pulling a trailer,air cleaner, are they stupid? cordless all with intergrated helmets standard,cup the ferring in for us long leggers,

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.