Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi folks,

I managed to drop into Meskell's M'cycles, Limerick today. On the floor was one of two 04 new spec GL1800abs models. I asked the man, who will sell, for cash, for.....wait for it....€25,000. That I believe is a big saving on normal Honda prices. These are genuine Honda Ireland bikes, fully warranted etc.

They have no plans to import any more s/h models soon.

I also spotted a sad and neglected '87 1200 Aspencade, lying in the open yard. It looked intact, just mouldy and rusting away, ideal for a restoration.

Any more news of prices during my travels will be posted asap.

Bye for now

Steve18

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Thats a good price. The best I have seen so far was 26000euro new :18red:wing

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

It's a shame the 1200 is in irland, i'm looking for my next restoration project and want to get my hands on a 1200 in need of some TLC. How much was the 1200 out of intrest?:(

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
imported post

Just so you know that 87 1200 is still lying out in the open. Meskell's are selling it on behalf of someone. When I enquired as to the price I was told that the owner wanted between 4 & 5k euro. Bike itself is quite tatty.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

medic1 wrote:
Just so you know that 87 1200 is still lying out in the open. Meskell's are selling it on behalf of someone. When I enquired as to the price I was told that the owner wanted between 4 & 5k euro. Bike itself is quite tatty.
At that sort of money it will just rot away. You can but mint condition examples for under €5k! Tatty ones with mould and rust can be easily got for aroun €2-2500 tops.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

That's right Paul. €4,000 is over $5,000 at the moment. Can't see anyone in the US paying that for a ratbag, plus shipping. Even as a project bike it's way overpriced. The worst type of Goldwing to buy is one that's been out in the open rusting, I personally wouldn't take that one even if it was for free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.