Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My Magellan GPS was acting quirky about 40 miles away from Eurika Springs when I was going to NASSIR 5 and when I left, it seemed totaly untrustworthy so I stopped at Walmart in Berryville and bought a Garmin Nuvi 2555 LMT, (Lifetime Map And Traffic updates..).... I've tried registering it on-line with no success yet but that's not the reason for my post...

The package as I said shows the model as being a Nuvi 2555 LMT but on the unit it shows the model as being the Nuvi 2555 LM, (Lifetime Maps). Has anyone else bought and used one of these Beasties?? I'm very pleased with it so far as the ease of use and the display far exceeds the Magellan I had. Just wondering if the LMT designation is supposed to be on the unit....

Also after a search on the Garmin site I found a listing for the LMT and LT models but no LM models??:whip:

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
imported post

The T in the LMT is for traffic Roscoe. There shoul be like an antenna built into power cord. That's the way my 1350 LMT is anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yeah, I got what the "T" is for and I think it's got the antenna you're talking about as the cord is doubled goinginto a rectangular dealie that's about 1/4" X 1/2" X 2" long. A single cord, 6" long,comes out the other end and ends in a plug for the unit...

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

There should be a model and serial number on the box and the unit. Double check the unit matches the numbers on the box. It may have been switched. The traffic option should also show up in one of the menus.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

IIRC Nuvi 2555's don't come with just the LM designation --- they do have LT as an option. So My thinking is if it say LM then you're looking at an LMT unit, unless this is a Walmart-specific one...

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

I've been watching these many threads about GPS units, and have a lot of questions about them...My son James was given a Tom Tom by his inlaws at Christmas, and he could program in an address here in Houston, then go straight there, no problem...But heres the kicker....We programed it from his home address to the 62 motel in Eureka Springs....Yeah buddy!!! After programing it to drive up US 59 instead of I-45, it gave directions perfectly!!!!!....Even when we stopped for fuel etc, it gave directons back onto the freeway...Then it pulled a stunt that we couldn't get it to reset..At Texarkana it said to make this jog into OK , we took a right on I-30 thats when it went nuts???

Tried to reset it several times with no sucess..My cell phone GPS did work and we used it for the remainder of our trip, OK I did miss Hwy 71 in DeQueen, drove into OK about eight miles, all my fault...Even on the return trip it wouldn't reset wouldn't take directions from Eureka Springs to Houston???...So I'm thinking that some of these GPS units aren't what they are cracked up to be, and as far as the best, easiest, or user friendly GPS units... I'm still in the dark???...So what GPS meets that critera of being the easiest, and more user friendly????:?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.