Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a '76 GL1000..owned since new 2/14/1976. Inever received the pink slip or title from California..or an MSO. It appears the dealer went out of business..may have never paid Honda for the bike.!!

It took me until 1996 to get a title..yes..20 years..it had 2300 original miles in 1996, as I was busted half a dozen times riding it without plates or with a plate off one of my other bikes..so I gave up..until 1995..

Sacramento held up the lost tilte process in Arizona until..a law change here allowed me to send a certified letter to Sacramento. If this letter was ignored like all the previous letters, then Arizona would allow a lost Bonded title. I have the original sale reciept..and a 30 Day drive out from California that appears to never have been filed with the state. All the paperwork had incorrect Arizona addresses that I never gave them..to a ficticiuos town that never existed.

I purchased a bond on the VIN...and..This last time..with success at hand..Fricken California answers.

"No records exist of an MSO or Title"..so I'm good to go....it obviously passes FBI crime check. The inspector goes nuts seeing a brand new 1976 bike..The MVD folks all know about my qwest to get this done..actually were congratulating me..UNTIL..a long faced supervisor..told me..

Nope..they made a error and ran the right Chassis..but incorrect engine number..I was told I had to start over...I was given a 1 Day plate..I road 250 miles on that one day plate...

Four days later..I got a Title in the mail..rode down..got emissions tested..and I'm legal...

In 1976 I put a GEM gear set..3.9 gears. We rejeted the carbs..modified the intake snout..removed the baffles..but I DID NOT BUY THEHI LIFT CAM SET..I guess these are probably not available anywhere now..Doah..!

It now has approx 20,000 miles on it..runs like a hunted animal..been to the stripi with it..a very suprising bike..especially for the youngsters in the canyons near Tucson..

Here it is..

Excuse the long post..just a proud GL guy..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

docc,

Welcome to the forum! It must be nice to be able to cruise around legal now on that "almost new" 1000!:clapper:

If you ever cruise over by Yuma, let me know, maybe we can get some coffee or something.

Nice looking bike!

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

If this was "Antiques Roadshow"; with a provenance like that, you could get a million pounds for that bike...however, seeing as how you would probably be on the "U.S. Antiques Roadshow", you'd have to settle for a million bucks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

As I'm reading this I could here the music from the "Twillight Zone" playing in the back ground! Unbelievable story,glad it worked out! You should send that to a bike Magazine !

Spaeking of bike mags, "Motorcyclist" sends me my April issue and says it's my lastof my subscription and did the same to my brother? I wrote them and said I wrote 2 checks for my brother and me, 1 on 7/14/04 and 1 on 9/22/04 so neither subscription is close to running out ?! Please give me a years worth of issues for my money?

any one else running into this early re-subscribe deal ?

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey docc :waving: Welcome to the forum and visit often. :clapper:That :1000darkblue: looks really great. :clapper: Please update your profile and complete the LOCATION section and tell us where you live. :jumper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Geared like it is it would be very nasty to go to Yuma on. It is a cafe bike..you sort of lay on the tank..bars are low. It is more like a Thruxton than a Wing..

I ride a 1800C VTX for long distance..it's an 02 that has 46,000 on it now...with lots more coming. Been towing with the idea of a GL1800 or an ST1300...took the wife for a ride on a friends GL1800 she loved the comfort....

I am taking out a ST1300 and an FJR1300 to see..

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
As I'm reading this I could here the music from the "Twillight Zone" playing in the back ground! Unbelievable story,glad it worked out! You should send that to a bike Magazine !

Spaeking of bike mags, "Motorcyclist" sends me my April issue and says it's my lastof my subscription and did the same to my brother? I wrote them and said I wrote 2 checks for my brother and me, 1 on 7/14/04 and 1 on 9/22/04 so neither subscription is close to running out ?! Please give me a years worth of issues for my money?

any one else running into this early re-subscribe deal ?
I didn't recieve my April issue at all..and I have a year or more left on the subscription...hmmm...:?

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

docc wrote:
took the wife for a ride on a friends GL1800 she loved the comfort....
Hey docc :waving: If your wife loved the comfort get yourself an :18red:you will never regret it. :weightlifter:Just make sure it's the fastest colour :18red:

:grinner: :18red: :grinner:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.