Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi everyone. I'm looking at a '82 gl1100on Craigslist. Currently its not running per the current owner. He bought it for the trunk for his bike. The PO took rear tire off to remove tank because it supposedly was rusted and clogging carbs then he lost interest. He's asking $300 with clear title. What should I look at? I've rebuilt a kz650 and have a decent shop. I don't have any experience with wings.
Sorry for the long post. Thanks for the help.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome harleyvet02[/align]

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hello and Welcome . So this bike has been sitting , already needs the fuel tanks removed to clean -which means likely the carbs also need repairs.

You can probly save this bike but be prepared to spend some money. A good carb rebuild kit available here :Randakk's. Is near $200 . Then consider new timing belts , as you dont want to blow a belt on this interference fit engine . How are the tires ? Do the brakes feel like they work , maybe another project there .

I dont mean to scare you off this bike . You have or can see it . Is the body/paint ,chrome ok ? If your willing to do the work ,spend the money , then there is lots of info and folks willing to lend ideas and such here on the forum .

$300 may be an ok price if the plastics are good .

I think you will get more opinons here shortly , though if you post the question in the Tech Forum you will have a lot more exposure .

Again Welcome . I hope you find the forum useful and visit often . Your welcome here with or without a Goldwing .

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Might be better to save your money and find one in much better shape...

Here's you one up your way has ready to ride....costs a bit more than $300.00, but its worth the extra money that you won't have to spend and still not know if that $300.00 one will run....Click on the following link....

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum6/120467.html

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

:action:Welcome to the greatestforum on the net:action:
and
:action:Welcome from the "Hoosier State":action:

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum harleyvet02! :waving:

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thanks for the welcome. I think I may hold off on this bike. I'll keep my eye out for a running bike. I have enough projects as it is. This forum in great and very helpful.

THANKS

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

I paid 500 and 200 for both my wings a friend just paid 300 for a good looking non runner as long as the engine has good compression and turns over go for it

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.