Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey guys new here and just bought a friends Goldwing.I heard a rumor that you can direct heat from the engine through the fairing vents.Is this true and how do you do it.Thanks, look forward to riding the wing:waving:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

A big WELCOME to the forum :waving:. Sorry I don't have the answer for you, but rest assured you will get one.I think someone had talked about that not too long ago. It would also be a good idea to put in your location on your profile, only takes a minute and there are so many good folks on here you may even find a neighbor that can help.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Hey Lefty: Rumors do abound, there are lots of them. They are rumors though, and in the case of the vents, yea......it could be done, but is it worth it. Not really. Think about it, the hot air still has to pass though the outside air before it gets to you, would be kinda like running a heat duct from under your house out to the garage. It might help a bit if you keep the door shut, but open the door and if it is cold, you cannot tell it is there.

Our fancy 1800 bikes have toe warmers........yes they work a bit on moderate days, but come a cold day, toes get cold!!

On an older bike, heated clothing is sometimes not an option either as the charging system will not handle it, that is one advantage of a poor boy system over the stock stator, the poorboy will handle more load.

A snowmobile suit, some good warm cloths and mittens , work the best.

Kit

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
imported post

Humm,
The lower vents on my wing if opened blows cool air,but if I flip the little tab (on the side of the vent)down it directs warm air from the engine,I just thought this was factory.....
It makes a difference in my book....

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Welcome lefty from the State of Confusion.......Kansas! :waving:

As it was asked, Please put your location in your profile so that other members can possibly meet you and ride!!! :cooldevil:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

kyboy67 wrote:
Humm,
The lower vents on my wing if opened blows cool air,but if I flip the little tab (on the side of the vent)down it directs warm air from the engine,I just thought this was factory.....
It makes a difference in my book....
It is factory, on the 1500, but not on the 1200, which is what 1lefty123has in his profile.

1lefty123, welcome to the World's best GoldWing forum! I have really grown to appreciate the warm air vents on the 1500, so I respectfully disagree with Kit. In my opinion they are worth it. I don't know if anyone has done it on the 1200, so you might be a pioneer, but I think it's probably doable. You will definitely want a damper you can close though, or you will be miserable in the heat.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.