·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Reading part of the manual, they state you must bleed the system of air, before using. Now being a guy, knowing instructions are mainly for women, therefore not reading them, I wonder if my Sears MC jack was supposed to be bled first.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
imported post

Mike, I have a Sears lift and also have problems. The instructions said nothing about bleeding. Bagmaster, that looks like a neat rig.. Jim

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

And I thought I was the only one that read instruction manuals.:D:D:D

I think it should handle a fully dressed wing at 1000 lb cap.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

this is what i just bought, it come with a free creeper, ive picked the wing up with it with no problem, but its lifting it upon the headers, which i dont want to do, is the a gizma i can buy to place under the motor as i dont want to use blocks of wood, i have the table lift also but i'm limited to what i want to do on it, i also didnt have to bleed before i started i started to use it

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Now I can't make up my mind whether to get this new lift or the jack. Leaning toward this new lift as it looks more stable than the jack, just can't move the bike around on it like the jack.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Now I can't make up my mind whether to get this new lift or the jack. Leaning toward this new lift as it looks more stable than the jack, just can't move the bike around on it like the jack.
Looks like it would get in the way of getting at things on that one side too.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
imported post

I don't see any way to lock it in the up position.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Bagmaster wrote:
Looks like it would get in the way of getting at things on that one side too.
Yea, considering that too as you'd have to let the bike down and change the lift to the other side, jack it up and strap it down again. Now if I had a garage like Kit has then I'd have both.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Sprdtyf350 wrote:
I think that small pin in the vertical support bar gets move to a closer hole when you are ready.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Sprdtyf350 wrote:
In the instructions available on that page it shows a locking ability.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Also I'd be concerned about the heads sticking out and getting in the way.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I think I would have to play with it, but I do not think this is a jack for our Wings. I am quite sure the heads and valve covers will hit the upright on the new jack. Not certain of this, but does seem like it would, this would push the bike back far enough that the one side would have no support and therefore would not function.

Kit

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

I have a air bumper jack i used to use when cars had metal bumpers. I was going to build something similar to that but it was going to be too clumsy working only on one side. I went ahead and built a afab table and got a motorcycle jack at kragens for about 40 bucks. I think the lift is more stable but the jack would be easier to work on the bike. JB

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
imported post

******* wrote:
this is what i just bought, it come with a free creeper, ive picked the wing up with it with no problem, but its lifting it upon the headers, which i dont want to do, is the a gizma i can buy to place under the motor as i dont want to use blocks of wood, i have the table lift also but i'm limited to what i want to do on it, i also didnt have to bleed before i started i started to use it
Hi *******:

use hockey pucks. Much better than wood and you can place them where you wish once the jack gets in position. I've used them for quite a while with no adverse effects.

You do have hockey pucks there dontcha???? :baffled:

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
imported post

I found both the Sears and the Torin jack very unstable and unsafe for the large touring bikes.

Inow havea J&S jack for both my Harley Ultra and the GL 1800. Theymake an adapter for the GL. Lifts to around 20" and stays up where you want it, has safety locks and rolls around the garage in the full up position with no problem. Easy to work on either bike in the full up position. You can lock it to keep from moving around. Also have the optional oil pan drain system, works awsome on the HD, not so much on the GL. Jack VERY STABLE!! Good quality!! I also wash the bikes on it so I can clean the wheels and tires easier. I keep the HD on the jack and the GL on the center stand for more parking room. Hope to get another for christmas for the GL.

Check out their web site:

http://www.jsjacks.com/products.htm

Steve

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

I'd love to have the lift table but don't have a place for it. Plus that would be another item I'd have to find space on the truck for when I move back to Texas next year.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.