Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello Everyone! Just finished a head job, started her up and shes leaking water out the exhaust???? Anyone else have this problem?? Thanks for your help!! PJ

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
imported post

did you use oem gasket or after market some peple have had problems with aftermarkets ones and was it leaking out before

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

pjjbur wrote:
Hello Everyone! Just finished a head job, started her up and shes leaking water out the exhaust???? Anyone else have this problem?? Thanks for your help!! PJ
If the head gasket was leaking before the re & re the exhaust maybe full of water/coolant that needs to be burnt out.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
imported post

What do you mean by a "head job"? Were solving a problem? did you have the head milled or at least checked?
Steve

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks again!!! Yes i used honda parts and its a small drip from the exhaust manifold, its was dripping when i shut her off.... i ran it her 4 a few minutes and shut her off...

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

i bought the bike 4 $800 knowing there was oil in the coolant, checked and cleaned out the water pump and than knew it was the head gasket.. spent the past week working on her and finally got her back together today. both head gaskets were bad

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

As Ken said it might be moisture in the exhaust. Run it for a while till the fan comes on and cycles off. Then let it cool down a few hours. Once cool check the coolant level before you restart after cool down. Also at that time check the plugs and cylinders for moisture. I went through this on my 83.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.