Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey everyone I am new to the board and Goldwings. I just bought a 1980 GL1100 standard with 19,000 miles and all i can say as of now is :claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps: They did this thing right. Sounds amazing(has what I believe are stock muffs with the baffle drilled out) has an incredible amount of power and just rides amazing. any pros, cons or look out fors I should now about?

here is a pic. I am going to repaint it this winter seeing as the last owner did a terrible job.

Attachments

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome BensGL1100[/align]

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,186 Posts
imported post

Great ride they are!!!

Personal touches on the paint go well with that model.

I can see some areas where the PO took some short cuts, and appreciate your thoughts on the paint job.

do keep this forum in your bookmarks, but I have to warn you, it is addictive to your spare time: ROFL:

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

That's a sweet looking 1100 Wonder of those are Sportster mufflers?

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
imported post

BensGL1100 wrote:
Sounds amazing(has what I believe are stock muffs with the baffle drilled out)
Welcome to the site...it's good place to hang your helmet....but FYI, those aren't stock pipes....look like they might be Harley takeoffs.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
imported post

BensGL1100 wrote:
any pros, cons or look out fors I should now about?

Welcome to the forum and to GoldWings.

Two things to do if they haven't already been done. Pull the left battery cover and replace the main dog-bone fuse with an in-line spade type fuse holder and get rid of the connector for the three yellow wires that come from the stator: solder the wires together.

A few other things: Any idea when/if the timing belts were changed?Watch out for perma-grin. I had it for two months every time I got on mine and not all bugs taste good! Enjoy! :action:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.