Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Ive always had a thing for old Hondas, Ive had a couple cb 550s and 750s all from the late 70s. I recently got my hands on a mint 78 Gl 1000 with 58K. Biker runs and cruses great but has a couple gremlins in it Im trying to chase down. after i got the bike i noticed its idle was a little rough and high and the bike had a shake to it and I could hear the primary chain making noise, I got a sync kit and synced the carbs and all that went away, although now it appears i made another problem, now when returning to idle the RPMs will dip below idle speed and kick back up, also if i rev the bike slowly it will stutter for a split second around 3K and kick back up. adjusting the idle mix screws had no effect and i double checked the carbs and they are staying in sync, the bike is riding fine and a mix of city and highway driving I get around 38 mpg ( would be better but im not that easy on the throttle) any help or advice would be most welcome!

Thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,602 Posts
:welc: 1000 carbs are the most difficult of all the carbed wings. Post your questions in the technical forum.

·
Premium Member
63,849 Posts
Hallo Matt78Gl1000

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts