Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading about a solution for the Hannigan Trike Conversion brakes. ONEVW installed new rotars and pads on the rear, along with new stainless braided lines. It was never clear if he did anything with de-linking the front brake from the foot pedal. I was wondering if it was de-linked. If so was the front hand brake then split to both front calipers? Was the front port on the foot pedal re routed to a cross over to mix with the rear port , or was the front port just plugged. Any help on this subject would be appreciated. Thanks.

2nd question. Clock on dash changes minutes every 20 seconds, sometimes will display radio stations, sometimes not. Does anyone know where I can get a Clean replacement cluster, or get mine fixed?

·
Administrator
24,994 Posts
Going to move this to the trike forum where you may get an answer.

·
Magic Moderator
4,433 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
If the front brakes are connected to the front master cylinder the banjo bolt would be longer and a residual valve is usually added and there is also a cross over line added. The front brake line is removed from the rear master cylinder and the connection is plugged.
You may want to contact a salvage yard or ebay for a replacement cluster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello and welcome to the forum.
If the front brakes are connected to the front master cylinder the banjo bolt would be longer and a residual valve is usually added and there is also a cross over line added. The front brake line is removed from the rear master cylinder and the connection is plugged.
You may want to contact a salvage yard or ebay for a replacement cluster.
So would I then want to run a residual valve to both the front and rear brakes?

·
Magic Moderator
4,433 Posts
You can run one on both front and rear or just the front. The rear brakes should work better with the front brake removed. The parts to do the conversion come from Champion.
Below is the list of parts.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.