Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I just joined the forum, it looks very active so I know I'll enjoy it.Glad to be aboard.

I bought a '95 Aspencade recently and both right side speakers (driver/passenger) don't work. I checked the passenger speaker for continuity and it's okay, thus I suspect the radio. Later, I'll check thedriver's speaker but I suspect it to be okay also, plus, of course, I'll check continuity from the radio to the speakers.

I have the factory manual and, in the ETM section for Aspencade with both front and rear speakers (page 10-15), it says to check/test the Balance switch. What Balance switch? I find no such thing. Is this an error in the manual? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
imported post

Hi Al, welcome to the forum..it's great... suggestion, do another thread, and list the speaker problem in the topic, then people will answer the issue, for you for sure... someone's been there: I own a 1200 so I'm not sure...

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
imported post

The balance switch is the fader....I think it is on the CB/Radio controls on the left handlebar. Some of the 1500's have it on the ignition cover.

OH...and WELCOME to the World's Best Goldwing Forum!!!

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from Kansas!!! :waving:

I hope you find the Forum as informative and as much fun as we do!!:cooldevil:

Again, Welcome Aboard!! :action:

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,963 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Al.

I don't know anything about the GL15 radio, but several people here do. So you're in good hands.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Yo, And Welcome from New York.

I was just in Rochester the other day.

Yea, Check the Fader Knob. Maybe it just needs rotating a bunch of times to help clean it.

Then there is the connection to and from it.

The fader really is just to adjust between front and Back but you may have lost one side somewhere.

Me? I hate wiring of any kind. If I can't see or feel the problem, I'm lost.

I like mechanical stuff and hook up with an electrical genius and become friends.

Luck To Ya

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Snorebaby wrote:
The balance switch is the fader....I think it is on the CB/Radio controls on the left handlebar. Some of the 1500's have it on the ignition cover.
Yes, that's sort of what I figured. But the manual is confusing when it talks about both a balance control and fader control when, in effect, there is just a fader control. I've always assumed, as with any four-speaker stereo system, that fader was front/rear and balance was left/right. Plus, the Aspencade doesn't even have the fader control, per the schematics. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
imported post

Hey Al, welcome aboard. I was born and raised in Rochester, and am not trans-planted just to the west of you in Orleans County. Glad to meet another local here on the forums. Sorry I can't offer a whole heck of alot of help with the radio issue though. I hope you get it sorted quick. When I bought my 82 Aspy, the right channel seemed to be out, but it fixed itself after a day of riding and hasn't given me any trouble sence. Some times just riding them fixes stuff! :)

Johnny

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,829 Posts
imported post

Welcome Al S: The Aspencade didn't come with factory speakers. The PO probably added the rear speakers without the fader.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum, my fader switch is located in the left pocket. Take the cover off and feel forward to see if that is where they put it.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum From LONG ISLAND NEW YORK

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status