Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine in Yuma, AZ spotted one of these on the dealer's showroom floor yesterday.
Maybe everyone here already know about these bikes...but this is the first I've heard of it.

The styling sure brings back memories! I'm wondering how strong sales will be in today's market. The MSRP is $10k for the standard and $11k with ABS.

http://powersports.honda.com/2013/cb1100.aspx

Attachments

·
Senior Guru
4,298 Posts
A friend is picking his up Sat I believe. We should see it running around Medford, by next week. He's pretty excited, and he's a Beemer guy.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
I would have liked it better if the exhaust was four into four, or four into two like the old inline fours. Crowding all that pipe on one side throws it off balance (aesthetically).
But if you twist my arm, I'll take one....

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
I would have liked it better if the exhaust was four into four, or four into two like the old inline fours. Crowding all that pipe on one side throws it off balance (aesthetically).
Standard course for just about anyone buying a bike like that would be to dump the factory exhaust and go aftermarket. Maybe Honda knows this? May be that bike is primed for a aftermarket exhaust right off the showroom floor.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm guessing Honda did every possible thing they could to make the bike affordable(?) One muffler has to be less expensive than two.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
I'm guessing Honda did every possible thing they could to make the bike affordable(?) One muffler has to be less expensive than two.
I just figured since they were going retro, they should have gone retro.
They went BACK to an inline four, chain drive, and got rid of the radiator.
Besides, the engineers aren't suppose to worry about production costs until the second year......

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
I've had my eye on that ever since first hearing about it months ago. Not retro enough for me. I wish they had built a near copy of the original SOHC 750 with FOUR pipes. The riding position is a bit too lean forward for me as well. I would rather get a Triumph T-100 Bonneville for about the same price.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
That does it! JerryH agreed with me!!
I'm turning in my typing privileges.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
From everything I have read on the DOHC forum four into one gives better performance, but I agree four into four or into two would definitely be more pleasing to the eye. She's a looker...

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
Dang, sweet ride. You don't even have to twist my arm. I hate buying ANYTHING on credit, but this just may make me. She would look real good parked next to my Goldwings. But then that creates another problem, 4 bikes to ride, one rider. Four doesn't go into 7 more than once so I can't ride them all twice a week. Maybe I need 7, so I can have one for every day of the week.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,323 Posts
That does it! JerryH agreed with me!!
I'm turning in my typing privileges.
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

That is scary, isn't it.

I think we old farts vaguely remember the best times of our youth, and there was always an inline four involved.

Attachments

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
Here's a fellow Washington State Goldwingfacts member sitting on one last year at the international Motorcycle show in Seattle.

Beautiful bike.

Another look:

Henry

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
From a distance, the fuel tank has a pre-78 look to it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.