Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Seems we have a new Honda Powerhouse dealer coming to Winnipeg, in fact very close to me.

Can't help wondering what it will do to the two existing Honda motorcycle dealers in the area.

It may be a good move from Honda's viewpoint, but as a customer I can't see any good in it.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

We've got one here in Barrie,Ont.I went in to check it out back in the summer when the dollars(us/Can.) were a lot closer than they are now.I think someone forgot to tell them as their prices sure didn't reflect it.Big fancy new store=big fancy new prices and lots of extra people wandering around with nothing to do.I don't think it will hurt the smaller dealers if they're any good to start with.

Someone has to pay for the big fancy stores right.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

This one is being put together by the Dilawri group, who seem to be making a name for themselves in the car business, but I don't know about bikes.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
imported post

where are they building it english Bob?

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
imported post

There was 3 multi-brand dealers in the London Ont area until Honda pulled their brand from 2 of them. Now there is a big Powerhouse dealer that has everything from generators to snow blowers and motorcycles.

The 2 dealers were both high volume dealers and the only one left is a small shop just outside the city. I like dealing with the little guys as they can be more responsive to your requests.

One of these days i'll have to check out the new store and see how pricey they are but not being a specialty shop with only bikes is a step in the wrong direction in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

dalemcg wrote:
where are they building it english Bob?
First of all, hello to another frozen Manitoban, we must keep in touch, when winter finally loses its grip maybe we can ride.

It is going to be built on McPhillips, just north of Walmart, McDiarmid etc on the west side.

There's more info at:

www.411honda.net

Myself I bought from Westside in Selkirk, and have been very happy with them so far, so I'll keep going there if I can. That won't stop me checking out the new place though.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
imported post

Yes we will have to go for a ride come spring, when ever that might be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.